Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

check this out!!!

Ray H.

Here is a table I have been working on for some time. It was made with MCX m3 not Art. The topography is true to life, derived from USGS Seamless Data. The elevation is accurate to within 5 ft. This table is of the Fox River Waterway in Illinois. Shown are all: Lakes,ponds, rivers, streams, highways, and roads. newtable.jpg

Yep, the yellow dots are highways and red lines as well.

This was done with about 2 years of R&D trying to find someone who could provide me with a working cad model that was openable and useable. This particular piece is 22 x 55 inches. when I got the cad files from my supplier tey came in full scale. And then I had to scale them down over 4,600,000 times. Then convert to surfaces and simply fin. parallell the whole thing.

I am starting a company that offers these maps of anywhere in the continental United States. All I need is two GPS corners. Also lakes that are large enough can have the Bathymetric Data included ( underwater terrain). That was my original idea, to make fishing maps. Anyhow I am almost ready to go Live with my Website I will repost when it is up.

By the way I had well over 100 hours modeling this in Mastercam.Solid works crashed every time I tried to open one of the 16 files provided to me (140meg each)

Thanks everyone,

It's good to get such positive feedback.

In The last 24 hours I have had 2 inquiries for maps, I am anxious to get started on a new project I will post the new pieces when something is cut.

Chris,

The wood is solid Beechwood.

The file was a DXF but it was not a typical topographic map, I tried to use that first, but it looked terrible and the surfaces were full of holes.

IMG_0541.gif