Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam error

JAMES GABEL

quote:

Mastercam keeps shutting off every time I try to open any parameter on any tool path. I can not get anything done. If anyone can know what to do I would appreciate it.

The local copy of your machine def has become corrupted.

Save the copy of the file with a junk name.

Load the Mastercam default machine.

Save

Close

Open

Load your machine..

You should be good to go

I had this happen to me one time when Verfiy blew

up...

I get that error sometimes when reopening an older (MX,MR1) file, I simply reload the machine def. I have had a couple of files that would crash the (2nd) time that I clicked on the parameters button. My only workaround was to save after every toolpath change until I got through all the ops. If you have a file like that you should send it along to QC before fixing it.

""Mastercam keeps shutting off every time I try to open any parameter on any tool path.""

This has happend to me too few no of times, and was really hard to recover. I learnt a trick to overcome it. I think it occurs if there is an introduction of a High Seed Toolpath in the list or any of toolpaths has Rotary ticked by chance.

Also I wonder?? why few of my toolpaths go dirty while I am working in project .It happens sometimes if I pull down the parameters of an existing toolpath just either to alter or browse the values. (My such projects have couple of different T planes in them)