Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post for AGIE - GEO + JOB files

Alvaro, I think you're venturing into unchartered territory. Normally, someone comes in and ASKS for a post. They get their behind smacked, they have to stand in the corner and the thread gets locked. Now you come along and say "I've got a free post. Who wants it?" No one here knows how to act! biggrin.gif Webby, do we need a new forum rule for this?

biggrin.gif All in good fun. cheers.gif

Thad

Ha ha ha. I wondered who would be the first to comment on the reversal of roles.

I talked to inhouse a few months ago about this post and they are interested in my progress. Or at least were when Brett was around. I don't think there is a big market for an old AGIE post anyhow. I never said free, I said trial, as in a timed post!

If anyone is interested, I need some beta testers!

Alvaro,

We have an old Agie 100-123 here that we are scrapping for parts... just replaced it with a Vertex III and man is it great! I'll give your post a try for you and give you feed back if you would like.

The cool thing about the old Agies is they can thread on at an angle. Maybe agie can develop something like this? This would probably be for another thread... sorry about the hijack!

The problem with the timed posts are that after a few days they time out and you have to ask for more time for testing. Had that issue not to long ago on a new post. While running production it's kind of tough to test. Had to wait for the second job which has now been running for over a month. After two jobs I hope the post is good to go. Paid for the post so I guess I'll have to wait for the next job and see if there are any quirks. Good luck on your post Al.

cheers.gif

Ok guys,

Here it is.

http://www.gilmachine.com/mastercam/AGIE/A...med20081005.ZIP

It's timed for 2 months. Sorry, but I don't want to have an early un-timed post out there. I'd appreciate any feedback etc, its far from complete so if someone has insight as to how the AGIE job file works and how I can improve the post, please let me know.

I have yet to actualy cut a part with the post, just graphics backplot on the machine.

Destructions included in the zip file.

Thanks everyone!

• 2 months later...

Ok everyone, I just updated the post and it works pretty well. I have made a web page:

http://www.alvarogil.com/cadcam_agie.html

Check it out, it explains the complications of the AGIE and how to use the post. A link to the post is at the bottom of the page. Any help developing this post will be much appreciated!