Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 Tool Settings Bug?

peon

In the operation manager, click the plus sign next to "properties", then click on "tool settings". Why don't my "toolpath configuration" and "material" settings match my operation defaults that are set through the control definition? I have material set to "none" and "use tool's step, peck, coolant" set in my operation default, but when I open a new session, "material" is set to aluminum and the "use tool's step, peck, coolant" box is unchecked. I have to repeat the procedure in the operations manager on every part.

FWIW, I just tried saving a default material and it worked fine. On the Files tab in machine group properties, is it pointing to the correct defaults file?

* If the .defaults file on the Files tab is the right one, you can edit the .defaults file right from there and not bother with the control def.

* If the Files tab is showing a different .defaults file than you expect, you need to select the right one in the Files page in Control Definition Manager.

HTH,

Robert

I sent this in to QC because I am seeing it too.

The defaults are NOT being loaded upon loading the machine def into a file, even though they are set properly in the OP defaults.

Here's what I get

notset.png

going to check

defaults.png

Here they are properly set

goodsettings.png

Something isn't right

Chris has sent me the following message:

Hi Matt,

I figured this out. Those values are ALWAYS being read from Mill_inch.defaults or Mill_mm.defaults, depending on what unit you are using at the time. If you change the defaults in there, this will work “correctly” (as a temporary workaround until this is actually fixed).

This has been logged as bug number cnc00038340. Thanks again.

Chris

Wai. Wait. Wait.

I have got different configurations.

Actually this is the most important function for different Machine and Control definitions.

I have one configuration for my xxxxor control and anotherone for my Simens control.

I can not change my .DEFAULT file in one of my differnet machines it will not mach.

¿What cann I do? Wait three month for a SP?

I don´t think this right.

Leandro, I'm considering going back to X2 just because of this until the patches are available. I don't see many advantages upgrading to X3 other than verify working much smoother and the lag is gone. My reseller assured me that the crunch times would be dramatically faster and I waited what seemed an eternity only to be disappointed.