Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Truncate comments

VinnymeSr

The number of characters between the "(" and the ")" are too much for your Hass

When you are entering comments in the Comments block, you can use

"Ctrl M" to break up you comment and start another line..

This (the comment is too long for the hass)

becomes

this

(the comment is)

(too long for the hass)

Vinny,

I think your problem is probably related to the formatting of your tool table. The Haas can take a maximum of 84 characters on a single line (including the parenthesis).

Most of the time this isn't an issue, I've rarely seen people use more than that in an operation comment.

If you create a true 'manual entry' toolpath, it will output separate comment lines if you type your message with carridge returns (press enter at the end of a sentence).

Are you using MPMaster? Is this a 4 Axis Vertical? I've got an MPMaster based Haas post for a VF4 (should work with any VF with a rotary) that I've modified quite a bit. I can show you what to change...

The Haas control doesn't like anything more than 84 characters per line(at least the ones in our shop). That includes spaces.

True,I don't use the MP Master based post. I use the generic Haas post that comes with Mastercam. If I need anything more, I edit it.

I used to have to edit almost every heading in our gcode, until I changed that setting.

I still have to edit that occasionally, but I just make sure there are no more than 84 characters in the line.