Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Geometry to toolpath?

mikma

I am sorry for probable repetition of a question.

Whether there is a possibility in МСАМ to convert geometry back in toolpath?

For example, in backplot remains toolpath as geometry, the geometry as to me conveniently is edited, and then the changed geometry back in toolpath is converted?

Sure there is an option

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Save as Geometry/Save Tool Geometry dialog boxes

Use the Save as Geometry dialog box to save the visible toolpath motion as geometry to a specific level and using specified entity attributes. Use the Save Tool Geometry dialog box to save the tool and holder at the current tool position as wireframe geometry to a specific level and using specified entity attributes.

If you want to save the geometry using certain colors, line styles, or other entity attributes, select Save using Entity Attribute Manager settings. This option is available only if you enable the Entity Attribute Manager by selecting the EA Mgr check box on the Attributes dialog box.

To select a level for the saved geometry, choose the Level button to open the Level Manager, select a level from the drop-down list, or enter a level in the edit field.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the rightmost button in backplot panel with a diskette .

Nu kak ty siebia chuvstvuyesh vo vrajeskom okrujenii ?

The friend, you has not attentively read a question. How to keep geometry, I know (аж 17 лет). I try to compare different CAM.

For example, at DELCAM with toolpath I work as with geometry, that is I can flexibly do all operations of editing and

To keep changed toolpath in a project tree. Here it would be quite good, that and in МСАМ there would be such possibility.I have in view of editing possibility toolpath as geometry.

-------------------------

Nu, zamudontcev vezde hvataet. :-) Oni vedut sebia kak moskvichi v provincii. No est i normalnie. Ti davno tut?

You can edit toolpath although it is not simple matter .

You can use this one ;

Edit Toolpath dialog box

Use this dialog box to modify an existing toolpath. You can:

Edit tool motion at specific point positions in the toolpath.

Add points to increase tool motion.

Move points to adjust tool motion.

Delete selected points, passes, cuts, and sections of a toolpath.

You can also view information associated with the selected toolpath point position, including the G-code and endpoint coordinates for both circular and linear moves. For G2 and G3 moves, additional center point coordinates are provided for the circle interpolation. The current settings for canned text and feed rate also display.

Or this

Change at Point dialog box

Use this dialog box to make point-specific changes to a toolpath. The values displayed in the fields are the values currently in effect. Select the check mark in front of a field to activate it, and enter a new value.

Use the Manual Entry window to insert text in your toolpath. If the other options on the dialog box don't let you change the toolpath in the way you want to, you can use this option to enter Gcodes or Mcodes right in this window; choose As code to tell Mastercam to insert the text as NC code directly in the part program. Otherwise, Mastercam will format the text as comments.

But this is a bad practise .

When in Rome, do as the Romans do .

Mastercam has lots of other ways for fast modifying of toolpathes .

No need for editing

Give me an example of a problem ,and I will show you the way .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ya toje zamudonetc .Yat tut s samogo nachala .

I patriot svojey strany (Israel ).

I perfectly know all possibilities MCAM on editing toolpath, but to understand flexibility of such approach as in Pmill, it is necessary to try simply. Delicate work with geometry is more more convenient than with toolpath, believe. МСАМ much more from it would win. But if is not present, means is not present.

It not advertising attempt, and simply to transfer a wish advantage of other system in MCAM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kak ti ponimaesh, pro zamudontcev eto vsego lish shutka. Kstati, moya kontora ochen plotno rabotaet s Israilem, mi rabotaem na Iscar :-)

Ne obijaisa, OK?

If I understand you right you want to take geometry you have and make the cutter follow the geometry? if this is so you can smiply do a 3d contour toolpath with the cutter comp turned off and chain your geometry. Thats it. This will make a path where the tool follows your gometry.

I hope this helps

Alex

There are many approaches and every one has it`s reasons .

I work heavily with 4 and 5 axes .

The best way for me to work with 5 axes is to use custom geometry for every toolpath and there is no problem to find it or edit it .

Something like this

hide0.jpg?t=1166783025

Lots of tools help to find ,display and edit specific geometry

It is fast ,associative and and incremental .

that makes me no problem to move part in space .

In 5 axes I move the part ,not the origin

Lots of fine tricks exist to do specific things .

Some of them have long history like trim toolpath function .

I use it from time to time .

Dirty ,but works for me

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ne obijaisa, OK?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK . I jivu v 3km ot Iscara na severe Izrailya

Hi, Alex!

I not absolutely meant it, it is a little difficult to me to explain, as I have no big colloquial practice.

For example, in Pmill there is an alternative method, I can work with toolpath as with wire geometry, could cut, glue, transform it almost "manually" and as it is as much as possible convenient me.

In Mcam you generate toolpath, in backplot you can keep it as wire geometry only for the analysis. And after all it would be possible and to provide return converting of geometry in toolpath.

Editing toolpath in Mcam less flexible, than geometry editing. And I would like, that and in Mcam toolpath

It was edited by the same means, as geometry. It only a wish.

2Winnie teh Pooher

On mine it is 3+2? And a detail case. In mould 5-axial processing is more with surfaces.

I used MC in Molds .

Now I use it in general machining .

Never had a problem with milling exactly in a way I need /

Instead of argue what approach is the best and what Mastercam lacks may be I`ll point you at what Mastercam has that you may be don`t know .

You can download c-hook for free-hand machining where you use your mouse to move your mill .

Very useful .

Are you interested ?

I never said, that this existing method is lack Mcam. About c-hook - it would not be desirable to trouble you as now Mcam to me it is not accessible. If you will not complicate, simply shortly describe a principle of action of it c-hook in words.

If I am understanding correctly, you want to generate a geometry from a toolpath then have that geometry be associative to the toolpath in order to physically change the toolpath by changing the geometry.

Short answer:

No it is not an option.

Long answer:

The toolpath is associated with the original geometry that is driven. Be that a solid, surface, wireframe...etc.

The geometry produced by saving the toolpath as geometry is all stand-alone once it is created and not associated to the toolpath anymore.

URL closed..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You caN USE forum search to find the last version

Sorry for no help ,I am busy now

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

gruzini-padli davili tankami detei i jenchin.

Eto u tiebia promyvanie mozgov ,bratan .

Ty tam byl ?

Ty znayesh odnu storonu kartiny ,a ya obie .

Tut u nas rebiata jivut s oboih storon konflikta .I to chto oni govoryat sovsem ne to chto tebe vnushili .

TY znayesh skolkih gruzin abhazy i osetiny ubili i sognali s rodnyh miest ?

Vse ne tak prosto kak vam vnushili .

Rebiata ,vas v ocherednoi raz sdelali .

Vy je bolshe vseh i postradaete izza vashego Velikoderjavnogo Shovinizma .

Vy seichas razviazyvaete novoyu holodnuyu voinu i vi eye poluchite .

Kto vashi soyuzniki _kitay i Iran ?

Ony je vas kinut ili vtyanut v zavaruhu a sami budut v storone .

I snova narod postradaet po svoyey gluposty .

Ochen jal chto istoriya povtoryaetsia .

Ukrainu budete usmiriat` s Polshey ?

Kazan usmiryat poidete ?

Pribaltiku ?

Voorojayete nashih vragov ?

NU chto je ,my v ocherednoy raz prorvemsia .

A vy protiv poloviny mira spravites` ?

I voobsche -nahrena vam eto nado

2Winnie teh Pooher

A ja malo smutru telek, no horosho znaiu istoriju.

Pri sovremennom razvitii videomontaja eto smeshno.

Istoria otnoshinija ameriki k nam vsegda loj i podlost. Nikto zdes ne lubit kommi, kommi ushli,

a amerika ostalas takoi je.

Nas uje zagnali v ugol i nam uje nechego teriat...

Gruzini rezali osetin v 20 godu, rezali v 90-h i vot seichas toje samoje, eto mne rasskazali druzia osetini 15 let nazad.

Nakazanije grusini poluchili v ochen miagkoi forme.

Predstavliau deistvia merikanov v podobnoi situatcii, tipa Vietnam chto-to bil bi.

Poka chto mi nikogo ne vooruzhaem, poka chto...

V otlichie on ameriki.

A voobche pro merikanov - "zhadnost fraera zgubila".

PS. naverno luchshe govorit v private, a to zabanijat moderatori za tarabarschinu smile.gif