Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V9 File Import Turned Model Red

Mike Mattera - TFM

I thought this was interesting.

Going thru all my old demo/sample parts from V9. When I converted them to X3, some of the solids were red. They were clamps and such. I tried Clear Colors and it did nothing.

I was going to delete and re-insert the clamps. But after I deleted them, I thought I'd try doing an Undelete. Sure enough the part cam back in the right colors.

You may never run into this problem but there is a simple solution: Delete and Undelete to clear the colors.

Mike Mattera

No Guys. I looked at all that stuff. None of it worked. This is a fluke thing that I just stumbled on the solution.

I see something Red and I assume it's a group. Clear Colors, etc, etc, did nothing. Close and re-open Mcam. Nothing.

Delete and Undelete and it came back in the normal colors.

It was very strange. That's why I posted it.

Mike Mattera

quote:

Possibly they were in a "group". In X click on "groups" button at the bottom of the screen. Select a group and then colors, then use entity colors.

Or you can choose to 'delete' the 'group' from the same "groups" menu. That won't remove the entities in the group, just their association as a group.

Mike,

If you used File/Merge to bring in the file(s), you're creating Groups, and in V9, the default is to use the group's color (default = red) rather than the entities' colors.

In X, it will still make the Group(s), but that Config switch now defaults to the entities' colors.

And like others have pointed out, a Group is different from "the entities that were selected for Xform" which get assigned the 'group color' and can be cleared with Clear Colors.

We should have changed the terminology for those 'Xform' kinds of 'groups' after we implemented geometry 'groups', but some legacy stuff just won't die.

BTW...Welcome back...