Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

haas tool changer

petey

my tool changer is mal-functioning , tool does not release from spindle , I wrote a small program to preform 10 tool changes

but I want it to automatically when it gets to the end of the program to restart so I can run the program for 30 minutes, I tried using m01 , m02 and m30 non worked even with they optonal stop off,is there a special code you use for this particallur machine , Haas TM3 vertical mill. if this is a improper question to post then please disreguard as I am new to this forum thaks petey. confused.gif

Okay will it release the tool manually? You might just have a dirty spindle taper.

Wait I dont think I understan what you are trying to accomplish is a tool Stuck in the spindle, like it wont release? If so hold it with one one hand have someone press the release button and give it a few taps with a brass hammer.

I used to have similar problems on a Haas and Fadal especially when the machines were doing heavy roughing.. To fix the problem I would clean the tool holders and spindle then apply a light coat of synthetic oil to the tool holders. Also taking the tool out at the end of the day so it does not sit in the spindle all night helps. As mold100 mentioned tapping lightly with a brass hammer can get a tool to release that is stuck. I know this does not answer your question directly but these suggestions may make your tool changer function properly.