Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Heidenhain iTNC530

88Matt

Who all uses Heidenhain controls?

As we are replacing our mills we are buying all Hermles. I am cutting my teeth on a c600u right now. It is a great machine and control from what I have done so far, pretty much all 2+3 work. Now I am trying some swarfing using IHS defs & post with mixed results.

I have no formal training with this control (old fanuc guy) and really trying to use the *.H now. The docs on some stuff is not very informative.

Anyone on here I can bend an ear and ask some questions?

Thanks,

Matt

You can download manual from:

http://filebase.heidenhain.de/doku/tnc_gui...239/N1C239.html

"M128: Maintaining the position of the tool tip when positioning with tilted axes (TCPM)."

You need software option 2 enable to M128!

(Check it method: Programing and editing -> MOD key -> type SIK -> ENT)

But, if you use Mastercam, forget it. (Needn't.)

(I'm use: Heidenhain TNC150,TNC155A,TNC355,TNC410CA,TNC415B,iTNC530. TNC155 since 1988.)

I feel like I have a strong background in Fanuc and I was initially disappointed in the documentation of the Heidenhain topics. Now 3 years later I believe it is the simplist & most powerful control I have ever used. It seems that things are so simple to do that it is easy to over complicate things. I continue to find things that I like about this control. We have 1 TNC 430 and 2 TNC 530 I like the 530's alot better. They are much faster.

You are doing the right thing by going with the .H format. I have also been told for the absolute best performance to post 5 axis programs in MM since that is the unit the control is running in the background.? I have never really had a part that pushed the machine or control enough to think it would matter though. We have a post from Camplete that came with the our 5 axis Mikron. I understand that the IHS 5 axis Heidy post is bullet proof.

I would be happy to help in any way possible. Just shoot me an e-mail. Do a search on Heidenhain here on the forum too, there are a few threads.

Matt,

The Hermle is a great machine. We have 2, the newest is a C40u with a 800mm table. The things are scary accurate. We bought a program called CAMplete to do the posting and 3D verification for both machining centers. It posts in Heidenhain language (.H) and utilizes the Spatial cycles (Cycle 19) M128, Datum Shifts, and every other cool funtion that the 530i has to offer. You can buy an In House post that does all these things except the 3D verify. Talk to James M. about CAMplete and he can give you the skinny. We use CAMplete about 25% of the time for posting. We mostly use the ISO (.I) post i wrote for the 3+2 stuff. Good Luck with the training! cheers.gif

I am on a c600u right now and we have 2 new c40u's waiting to be released. I do love this machine for all the reasons mentioned. I am using the ihs 5 axis post. The plane spatial with datum shifts is posting out nicely right now. The prob is with the 5-axis paths 9m128 & tcpm). Does anyone use vectoring? If so, how?

Thanks,

Matt

I use M128 and plane spatial a lot, and it works great. We have a C40U and Camplete- it posts and simulates very well- very useful when running 5x paths that come close to machine limits, so you can see interference before it happens, and adjust part position to clear.

Fabulous machine and and control. I just wish I could keep it busier...