Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 Posting Issues

Tim Simmermon

OK gurus,

I've downloaded a Z2G file to the FTP under the X3 folder. This is the second op of this part. When posting this file I am getting this

quote:

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <0> - Report created.

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - Initialize posting log file

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - Using MP run version 11.00 and post components version 10.00

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - Initiate opening the post processor file(s).

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - Post processor file name: C:MCAMX3MILLPOSTSMPHAAS-NOROT-TULA.PST

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - The post processor file has been successfully opened.

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - Post version information (input):

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - UPDATEPOST Version 10. was used to modify this file.

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - The file was modified by this product on 23 Aug 05 14:19:21

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - The post was written to run with Mastercam Version 10.

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - The post product type is Mill.

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - Initialization of pre-defined post variables, strings, postblocks was successful.

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - Search for defined post variables, strings, postblocks was successful.

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - Processing the toolpath file failed!

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - The NC output file has failed to open.

01 Oct 2008 07:43:48 AM - <2> - The application has been aborted!

OP 1 of this part was created in X3 with the same MD and post without issue. I tried Fastechs post parameter update utility to see if that was the issue and I go the same results.

Of course this happens the day before I'm supposed to leave on a long weekend fishing trip and I have about 8 programs to write to keep everyone busy.

If anyone could take a look at this, I'd appreciate it.

cheers.gif

Robh - I must've done this a hundred times. I am running a side by side with X2.

gcode - I've changed the NC name multiple times (using Edit common paramaters since the normal way doesn't work yet in X3)

I deleted the config file and that didn't help either.

I am thinking of doing a new install of X3. What do you think?

I can't believe that it worked fine yesterday and today it takes a $hit. banghead.gif

Not that I am a complainer but I have run into quite a few issues with X3, when is the first Service pack coming out?

quote:

gcode - I've changed the NC name multiple times (using Edit common paramaters since the normal way doesn't work yet in X3)

What is your normal way? I usually right-click on a toolpath group or toolpath selection and select "Edit selected operations" then "Change NC file name..." and it works every time. I try to avoid the edit common parameters as much as possible since it leads to many possible problems.

Almost sounds like one of those oddball side-by-side install problems. I kept having issues with stuff that works fine for almost everyone else.

Tim,

Its a Mill Level 2 issue confirmed by Chris Bell.

Here is how to get it to work if you have Wire. If you dont have Wire you might try it with Lathe and see it it works.

If you only have a MILL GROUP and need to change the NC NAME, you could insert a WIRE GROUP with no operations and put the red arrow in the WIRE GROUP, select the toolpath group in MILL with all the operations, right click in the op manager, EDIT SELECTED OPERATIONS, click on CHANGE NC FILE NAME and you will get the pop up dialog box to change the NC FILE NAME.

Hope this helps.

Same here, change names the normal way. Do you think there is maybe a problem with your install and the inability to change your names is just another symptom like your posting problem? I also have a side by side install, have had some minor issues but none like this.

Toolman from what I understand unless you are on Maintenance you will not see that fix for sometime. Say your Maintenance ran out 8-31-08 you will not get anything so do you fight problems or stay with X2MR2SP1???? I chose to stay with X2MR2SP1 for all posting. I do like the speed of X3 for verify so I hop back and forth. I get nicked up some times when I forget which one I am and modify ops in X3 and not my x2 file, but hey such is life.

Yup, My maintenance is out on 10/31 so I guess Im SCREWED again. I pay maintenace and get software I cant use. Not happening again. I was told it should be fixed in the next MR release. I was also told that could be mid October. Be lucky if its by XMAS. That is why I went back to X2MR2SP1.

I do the same thing, program in X2 and verify the large files in X3. I keep X2 on the left screen and X3 on the right so I can keep with it.

Thanks for all your help guys.

GCode - The file still wouldn't work. It can't locate the Post even though other files using the same post work fine.

Toolman - I knew i read somewhere that this is a Level 2 issue. I'm sure most of the Beta Testers are Level 3 users, so a few more Level 2 issues get through.

There is a lot of issues with X3 (NC Rename, tool numbering not working correctly to name a few), but being a Level 2 user I love the new 2D high speed toolpaths. X3 is a great product with a few bugs, but right now I don't have time to find ways around the new bugs so back to X2.

We're staying on maintenance so I will wait for the day! Until then I will send in my files and issues to [email protected].

Thanks for all your help guys, but for the time being I will head back to X2.