Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 INSTALL XP SP3 ISSUES

dprovost71

This may have been brought up before. After attending the S4A transition seminar we were told there were "issues" under the XP SP3 operating system. Our IT would like to upgrade to the SP3 service pack because of some added security options available. I'd appreciate anyones input on this subject and if you can be specific as you can be. Are you running multiple programs when these "issues" occur? cheers.gif

System is hung AGAIN.

I had MCAM minimized, brought it back up.

I have no access to my RMB menu, can't exit or do anything. TAsk Manager will not even launch.

As soon as I shut down IE all will be fine..

:continuation:

There shut down and restart IE, all better.

everyone in this office has similiar type issues.

And of course none of us know anything about computers wink.gif

Something is rotten in Denmark

Not sure if this is the issue. I had someone tell me that it was recommended to remove IE before you install SP3 otherwise, you would not be able to uninstall it. I am not sure that there was a good reason to not do this other than there were some bugs that would be created in IE after the SP3 install. I have managed to hold off on XP SP3 for quite some time due to these kinds of "fixes".

Just my .02

I don't think I would rule out that not everyone has IE7- Especially prior to installing SP3. The point being, some have gone to firefox and other web browsers. Microsofts integration of their web browser into their OS is fairly extensive. Of course, this is opinion and speculation, but we all also know how much testing is done by vendors of software- By and large, improvments and break/fix situations are left to service packs and other release candidate upgrades. Don't you just love the complexity of all software in general. The more complex, the easier to break-.

Anyhow, I'm out for the weeked. Take care!

Bill

quote:

And of course none of us know anything about computers [Wink]

Something is rotten in Denmark

quote:

Should use the proper code here John!!!!

"Somthing is rotten in the state of Denmark"

He He.

What about Denmark huh huh HUH HUH mad.gif I got no freaking problem installing, running and programming this version in USA or in Denmark, you guys gotta start learning some computer skills biggrin.gif

Hey Gang,

FYI for those having issues with XP SP3...

There are 3 different SP3 downloads available and depending on which you use, you may have all kinds of issues:

1 - Using MS Update. This gives you only what MS *THINKS* you need...not a good choice.

2 - A self extracting download of about 324 Meg. Better but still incomplete.

3 - A 558 Meg ISO download which is the COMPLETE SP3.

I highly recommend getting the 558 Meg ISO and install SP3 from CD.

I did a bit of research prior to installing SP3 and ended up using the ISO on all of our PC's and have had no issues.

Here's the URL for the ISO:

www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2fcde6ce-b5fb-4488-8c50-fe22559d164e&DisplayLang=en

Regards,

John