Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

5-Axis Programmer Job Opportunity

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I know of an opportunity in Southern California. The pay is good and the equipment is phenominal.

If you're interested, contact me.

This is a position for top dogs.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I just didn't want to scare anyone away. Of course "Top Dogs" may intimidate people, but if you're intimidated then it's probably not for you anyway right? biggrin.giftongue.gif

Hows it going Down Unda Mate?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

$35-ish plus OT. Possibly more for the right candidate. They have a beautiful brand new piece of equipment with no one to make it dance.

I dont; know if this would be a + or a - but I would be training the person on the particulars of the machine and Post Processing/Collision Detection Software if you were not already familiar with it.

Green Cards headscratch.gif ... I'll ask tomorrow.

Busy as anything at the moment. Don't let anyone tell you being a shop owner is easy.

If I was in a position to James, I would love to have you give me some training on a MAM. Would need to be in metric though. biggrin.gif

There is one thing I miss doing now and that is programming 5-axis car wreckage. Getting bored only doing an hour of 2d here and there. Some 4th and 3+2, but not much. If there were more of those jobs available here I might not have taken the leap to my own shop.

Dave/Greg, You two got itchy feet or something? biggrin.gif

Bruce

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

...Would need to be in metric though...

The machine performs better that way anyways. Inch/Metric, it's all the same to me.

quote:

...programming 5-axis car wreckage...

ROFL biggrin.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isn't that kinda low for a "Top Dog" in Cali?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what I was thinking.

What part of Socal James?

You don't have to be too specific if you don't want. County is fine...

gimme a shout for my private addy.

quote:

Part of "Top Dog" is your ability to negotiate your wage.

EXACTLY. That is about where the negotiations would start. Your skill will determine what your final wage is. I kind of threw that number out there to keep the $20/hr scrappers away. I don;t want to be going out on service calls because some nimrod crashed the machine because he didn't follow instructions. The Top Dogs I don't have to worry about. They follow instructions, use the tools available to them and are not imtimidated byt a machine that cost about $700k WITHOUT TOOLING.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Heard rumor that "Top Dogs" in Cali make 150k/yr.

I know a few that do, and they are worth every penny and more.

quote:

I get the feeling this machine might also have about 32 little pallets?

biggrin.gif