Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X3 to dxf

Joeyls319

Hey all

They just put X3 with the new service pack on my machine and I'm giving it a test run.

One of the first things I did was try to "save as" a dxf. Well, it's not working. I select my geometry. then I select "save as" pick DXF version 14 and ok. When I go to make sure it worked correctly, nothing is there. Is it me or is it a bug?

Hope someone can help because this is something we use all the time.

Thanks ahead of time.

Joey

Joey,

Do you get a message when opening the file in AutoCAD that tells you that it was written by a non-AutoCAD product? You should see that but you should be able to continue past it.

Can you send me ([email protected]) one of the DXF files that doesn't show up in AutoCAD? If possible, could I also get the MCX file that was used to generate it?

I have done this just yesterday for my boss.....I had a pro-e file that I borought into X3 and he wanted for his old bravo system so I had to do a conversion to DXF....

After the conversion the boss said nothing is there.....To make a long story short....after messing around a WHILE, I found that the file priot to export had to be in TOP GVIEW.....Not sure if that is a problem with the DXF or his Bravo system.....But after that there were no issues....Did the same this morning and again, no problems....Good luck

cheers.gif

This happened to me yeseterday with X2. I had an X2 mcx file with holes in a square pattern. I saved it out as a dxf but my guy told me when he opened it in Autocad the top row of holes were missing. I opened the dxf file in X2 and they were missing there too. Blank paper space was no help. Levels no help. Used analyze entity properties thinking I might have to use "combine views" but they were all view 1. Then while still in analyze I noticed some of the circles had a start angle of 180 and an ending angle of -180. Other holes said start at 90, end at 450??? headscratch.gif So I changed the 180/-180 holes to start at 0, end at 360. Then I saved it out as a dxf and I was able to see all the holes in autcad and in X2 when I opened the dxf file.

Later that day I decided to try the whole thing again with X3MU1. It worked on the first try and I didn't have to change the goofy starting and ending angles.