Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

dnc program

Candyman

hi guys does anyone know where i can get hold of a freeware dnc link program?

ive been searching high and low but i cant find one that will tell me the percentage of the program sent, received and still remaining.I want to set the program up on a second pc ... just in cas mastercam crashes on the first pc thanks paul

Hello.

The lite version of CIMCO Edit that comes with Mastercam works very well for us. Before it was available, we used the other one that was provided with Mastercam. (I can see the screen, but I can't remember what it was called. Someone in this forum can probably help out.) CIMCO Edit is better in my opinion.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...

CIMCO Edit OEM for Mastercam is a free edit and communications tool included with Mastercam V8 and V9 that provides for editing, file compare, and 1-Port TX/RX/DNC. When you execute a transfer there is a status dialog that appears and should update showing you how much data has been transmitted or received. Specifically, the dialog displays the following information:

Machine: (Machine or Port Name)

Filename: (Complete Path and Filename)

Bytes Sent:

Lines Sent:

CPS:

Remaining Time:

Errors:

You also have the ability to hide the transfer dialog during a transfer. This is useful when DNCing large files during editing sessions.

Licensed Mastercam Users (V8 or V9) may upgrade their OEM Version to CIMCO Edit Professional Edition for $250 US. The update to Professional Edition provides you with additional NC functions including math ops, rotate, mirror, tool compensation, and translate and Open-GL back plot for 3 Axis milling and 2 Axis turning with step and continuous forward and reverse plot. With Pro you may also license up to six (6) 1-Port DNC-Links for simultaneous transfers up to six ports/machines. Cost per 1-Port DNC-Link = $100 US

NOTE: If multiple DNC-Links are purchased a separate transfer dialog is created for each individual transfer. For example, if you were sending files to two machines simultaneously you could hide both windows and select them periodically to view the transfer status.

Make sure you download the latest update for your CIMCO Edit OEM for Mastercam license from the Patches section of this site or from our site at www.cimco-integration.com. (Latest Version 4.22.08)

PS Dave, we appreciate your support.

• 1 month later...

Kathy,

The fanuc 21 should have paramters in the manual that you look up and then determine the settings for CIMCO. Do you have the manuals for this??

Doesn't the i stand for something where it can exist on the network somehow with out using a DNC system?

[ 09-27-2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: MfgEng ]

The baud rate, bit settings, handshaking, etc should be handled by parameters in the CNC [usually "NC Optional Parameters" or the like]

Typically the "Generic ISO" option on most DNC programs is Fanuc controls, I believe

Is this what you were looking for, or did I misunderstand?

[ 09-27-2002, 12:48 PM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Our MIS tech is out at the machine right now. I suggested that he setup the telnet comm to check out the coom port settings on th PC.

I set the Cimco to both the 'Generic ISO' and the 'defult' settings. We get a 086 error at the Fanuc - DR single off.

Thanks, Kathy

• 5 weeks later...

Excellent xxxxhing Dave,

In all seriousness, are we forbidden to discuss products other than CIMCO, Predator or Mastercam or is the objection to the site a robot that sucks prospecting information from this user base to further advance a competitor product.

Discussions of CAD/CAM market conditions are healthy, sleazy prospecting techniques are not.

My opinion counts... I spend therefore I am!

My intention in building this site was not to have it serve as a message board for competing CAD/CAM packages, so that they can directly target the Mastercam user base.

When I see this type of information as the very first post from a new Member using a Hotmail account or otherwise, my Spidey-Senses start to tingle. The product looks like a loss-leader for a competing system. This is entirely different in my mind than a bunch of Mastercam users discussing the pros and cons of other systems and what they'd like to see in future releases.

[ 10-28-2002, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Dave Thomson ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Nice reply Dave. I agree.

Dave gives us a tremendous amount of latitude in here about what types of things get discussed in here. Cut him some slack because he could clamp it down so then we'd have no fun.