Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

tool calibration problem

Randy Replogle

Hi

My guess----

On your surface parameter page your defaults are now unfamilier to you.Not because of V9, but because you reloaded the software, and changed your defaults.

You may have had your defalts set to inc. and they are now absolute. We will need more info to narrow down the mystery.

Hi

quote:

At the moment I'm just drilling some holes. Would the surface parameters affect this? Where is that page found?

On the operations page.

Pick the "parameters" for any drilling operation,

You will be looking for the page called

"G81/G82-drill/counterbore"

[ 07-05-2002, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Scott Bond ]

Ok, I went to operations manager then to parameters under one of the drilling cycles. Was this correct? Everything was set to absolute which is normal for me. This is getting frustrating frown.gif We had some problems with v8 when we started programming 3d parts and decided to let them go until we upgraded hoping they would go away. It's probably something simple and I'll laugh someday.

is there anyway you can post some "correct code" that you want your machine to read, for us to see and your file on the FTP site. this sounds so trivial a problem, I am sure you have just over-looked something. this happens to a lot of people when they first start out on any new program, no matter what it is.

i am lost as to what you want. are you talking about your approach to your part? there are a couple of things that can make a difference at this point, ie... reference setting in MC, initial height in MC, the way the tool was set at the machine, etc... please post some correct code and a more "explainable" explaination.

I had same problem. The 'h' value was different than 't' value. d0gFartz recommend I do this ........

quote:

Screen Configure,NC Settings,Operation Defaults,Select Defaults.df9,right click and go into Job Setup,look for the Tool Offset Registers-its set to add 1 to length 20 to diameter...........set them to 0 and 0.......oh and make sure after you save the change to the mill9.cfg or whatever your cfg file is named

Guy

p.s. thanks again d0gFartz

Guy,

The important thing is you know of it now. biggrin.gif Whereabouts in Leominster do you work/live? I played in an APA pool league in Leominster last session but now our team is in Clinton. Give us a call if you have any questions with Mastercam. We'd be glad to help out. Then there's always this forum. cheers.gif