Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 start up error

Gutty

Hey guys, anyone know what this means ? Comes up as an "entry point not found" error window when i try to open X4.

Had this same issue when i updated to X2 from V9, or was it X3... but can't for the life of me remember the fix.

The procedure entry point?delete-ent-assoc@@YAXPAUent@@PAD@Z couldnot be located in the dynamic link library MCCore.dll.

Cheers

Matt

I don't know anything about that error, but I would start the install again from the beginning (after uninstalling X4, of course). If that doesn't work, redownload the exe from CNC Software.

Not the best solution I'm sure, but at least something to try until someone comes with more concrete advice.

Gcode is on to a possible cause. The entry point error is usually related to an incompatibility with some program files in Mastercam. normally these are related to chooks or applications added on to mastercam that may not have been written for that particular version.

Did you move any chooks/apps from a previous version? Did you install chooks/apps that might be an older version?

Thanks for the replies guys,

Gcode/Jim, nope no veri-surf installed, infact the only chook that could possibly it is Rast2Vec. Not sure if it's a geniune Mastercam chook or not, but it's the only one i recall that may be an add on and the only one i regularly use.

Guess i'll try a re-install...

Cheers

Matt

I've seen this issue when an uninstall of a Mastercam version has not been done correctly, and then upon installing a newer version, the install is looking at some old directories..

Gutty, when you uninstall, make sure that the X4 directory is deleted as well. Then re-install.

Snehal

Well a fresh install has gotten rid of the error messages, thanks guys. Now to get it re-configured/setup to my liking.

Edit: can anyone tell me, is there a specific file i can copy over to reset all my buttons to how i had them setup rather than have to go through and redo it all ?

[ 06-10-2009, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Gutty ]