Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Action Not allowed

Jerry_P

With the new X4 when I open some old files. It starts out with the entity color same as background. Then it pops up with an error code "Action not allowed" And it says the system entity color matches the current background color. restoring previous system entity color. You should select a different color, or change the background color." But I can't get pop up error message to close, no mater what I try. The only way I can get around it is do a control alt delete and close X4 in task manager. Any one else having this problem?

Jerry,

I've run into this opening old X2 files.

My background color is black.

When I open the file the active geometry color is black.. and as you stated, you can't change it.

I have found a work around though..

go into Settings/Config/Color and change your geometry color to something different from your screen color.

Once you've do this, you will be able to work normaly.

I'd send this in to QC, but have not been able to replicate it well enough to make a report.

I have sent a file that it keeps doing it on to QC. I hope they get it fixed it is really annoying. I have a lot of old files that I use from repeat customers. The best work around I cam up with is once I open a file and see that the color is wrong, I just open configuration and then reopen the .config file I use for startup. Don't know why opening an old file messes this up?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found another way to get around this problem... when you open an old X2 file in X4 and the geometry color changes to black, click the drop down carrot on the color selection box and it will give you the option to "select color" from an entity on your screen... click on any entity on the screen and your geometry color will change to that color, then save your file in X4 and problem solved...