Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 optimize problem

• 1 month later...

quote:

After updating to X4 it seems that even when I turn optimize on in the control definition

i believe you need to save it in your machine definition after changing your control def or it will only work for that session.

If this works like my post file destination, then changes made only change for new files created after you made the change. I'm not sure how you change for an already existing file. In other words my (pre change) posts still go to the wrong folder. Any new posts in newly created or jobs go to the correct one. I hope this helps.

MattMj you pointed us in the right direction - thank you. I am not worried about what folder the posts go. We did find that when an old program had optimize off in an operation when it was brought into X4 and posted (control def had optimize on) it posted with whatever the operation had in X3. Meaning that if optimize was off in the operation in X3, but posted in X4 optimize was still off. I think this was what you were getting at. The other consideration is that we do not use centerline cutter comp.

The setting that was created for optimize in x3

should be ok for x4 on posting. Problem is a revision or change. when you rechain and have a small radius you do not have control. Not fun checking complex models for small radius.

Only way that we find out a problem is when operator stops and lets us know machine faulted. Not a problem but getting calls at 2:30 a.m. is not fun. Having optimize turned on in control def is ok but posting should overide prior settings for x3. Maybe a fix for next update?

• 4 weeks later...

I have pointed this out to my reseller.

I often use(d) the optimize switch to output arcs which are smaller than the cutter rad in control comp as our guys like to create break edges with the point of a spot drill. Now I cannot do this on a per-operation basis. Why take away functionality? I have many progs where this is switched inside the operations so what about backwards compatibility?.

I have used MC since it was Anilam ClearCut (anyone else remember that?) and it never ceases to amaze me how they manage to break something at each new release.

Roll on the service packs...