Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Strange background color issue in X4?

neurosis

Has anyone else come across this issue?

I changed my background color to black in X4. Now, intermittently when I start X4, it starts with the system color the same as the background color for some reason "black". I then of course get the error stating that my system color is the same as my background color.

When I click on the system color box to change it to a different color, instead of pulling up the color selection menu, it just locks X4 up permanently.

At first I thought that it was just linked to a specific part file that I was working on but it is apparently not. Since the system never completes the crash, there is no crash report generated.

gcode,

Thanks for the response!

I did look at the geometry color in the system config and it was not the same as the color shown in the system color box. The system color box showed black but in the config, the geometry color showed green.

The only way that ive been able to get it to change the color without crashing, is to open the settings page and either change the background color, or some times just opening the settings page and closing it will then allow the system color box to work.

Let me add to this:

The information posted above was from starting X4 and not opening an X2 file.

When I open one of my X2 part files, the geometry color is indeed black in the settings page and I am able to change it to something else.

The issue when starting X4 seems to only happen after a crash occurs from opening one of the X2 files and even then it is intermittent.

The issue with the X2 files seems to happen every time I open a file (that was created using black as the background color).

I'll play with it a bit more and see what happens.

[ 06-17-2009, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Neurosis ]

• 2 weeks later...