Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cool New Thing in X4.

Everyone this is too cool. For years everyone has complained about Verify. Well I stumbled onto something today that is too cool and had to share.

We had to quit using Solid Stock as our Material Set-up and were looking for a Way to keep using it. As everyone knows if you are using Solid for Material Verify does not remember so you are always when reopening a file going back and re picking the solid. Well I was looking for a way to use solids and hated to add a step to our Manufacturing but what we are doing is now saving a solid file of our stock. We are now making that our file for Verify and it remembers it. Well that is not the cool part.

The cool part is that any solids you have on your screen when using this method come into your Verify.

So if you are doing 5 axis verify it will show you the crash with the tool and your clamps, fixtures and everything if you are using solids to define everything. Surfaces I have not tried, but we do everything here in solids from our 4th axis to Tailstock to everything and all I can say is wow. It is a little slow bringing everything it, but sure beats having some solid connected for Verify and some not.

Thanks CNC for adding this feature. Now can we get this option for the Solid Verify so we can decide if we want all active solids to show or not.

Hope this is helpful to others it sure helps us a bunch here even if we added a step by saving out a stock file.

So what are you saving your solids as when you do this? STL? Do you now not have to save them as STL?

That is what I have been doing since at least X2, you can save multiple solis as an STL in the same file and they all come in to verify. Be advised the more stuff you bring to verify the slower it goes.

cheers.gif

Ok I make solids that represent my solid stock of parts I am machining. I have always used them in my verify verses using STL file. Well I then do a file save as picking that solid. Then in the Verify where you have the ability to pick a file it says .stl, but if you switch it to all file you can pick Mastercam filed. So you would pick the saved file of the stock you made with the File save some. Now what ever solids you had on the screen along with the solid you picked in the file will come into the verify without having to use the old way. The old was was to use a solid body to tie them all together using boolean add.

Here is a screen show before Verify:

BEFOREVERIFY.png

Here is a screen shot showing the standard Verify not using this way:

STDVERIFY.png

Now saving the solid from what you see above as the same file name_stock and then going to pick it.

To pick a file in Verify look at this screen shot:

SOLIDSTOCKSELECTION.png

I get all the solids in the screen in Verify like so:

VERIFY.png

Hope that clears things up.

[ 07-10-2009, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: Ron Branch V & M Precision ]

Um, that's been there since X I think Ron! It's a good feature to use and good of you to inform others. I thought everyone already used it.

Easiest way is to put what solids you need on other layers and then when you go to pick what you need, turn the layers on and pick them. Turn 'em back off after picking. Just pick your solid and your done. No repicking when you re open a file or anything, because its already in the file (ever moved an stl on your computer while cleaning up data and now you don't have your stock! LOL)

Jay,

Sorry if I wasn't clear in my question. By connected I did not mean boolean added. I realize that he has several different solids that are different colors. However the solids could still all be contacting each other at certain points. I tried to get this to work today with a two vise set up using multiple fixture offsets. In my example the solids were not contacting each other. When asked if I wanted to use the solids as is I replied yes then recieved a message saying that I could not use the solids because there were too many errors. I was strapped for time so I did not get to try to figure out what the problem was. It's good to know that this works with unconnected solids.

Thanks for the reply

Ron,

How many times mastercam crash when you do the veriy that way, i have tried it on three diffrent times on diffrent file. all i got was fatal simulation error with master cam crash. i don t know if you are using future master cam x10