Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Copy Operations

Randy,

When you do import operations, double check your tool numbers, speeds, feeds, and coolant settings.

Sometimes these get changed during importing operations, depending upon the settings used.

Mine always import well, except for the coolant setting which defaults to 'off' for some reason.

headscratch.gif

I remember having similar problems in X3 with tool numbers getting changed, and speeds and feeds getting set to defaults.

Double checking before you post the imported ops is always a good practice. wink.gif

Another way - Save the file with your proven operations, tools etc, as a different filename. Delete all the geometry in the file. Import your new geometry, reselect your chains and drill points and away you go.

As Jim says when you import operations some settings can get changed. Doing it this way ensures nothing changes.

quote:

Why waste so much time?

You can import operations (with or without geometry) directly from an existing MCX file. No need to create an operations library, then import the ops from said library.

+1 to that. Since learning that little trick a few years back, I use it all the time.

The way Colin describes is my preferred way of doing imports, however, I have been burned in the past doing things this way with the problems Jim describes. Not only that it likes to jumble up all the operations for some reason. So if I am trying to import operation 82 of 145 trying to find it in the list can be quite a PITA.

quote:

You can import operations (with or without geometry) directly from an existing MCX file. No need to create an operations library, then import the ops from said library.

Then you just have to remember which file to import from. eek.gifbiggrin.gif

Depending on the type of work that you do, this may not be an issue. I use an ops library, myself.

Thad