Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

3D scanner

phil darcy

yep... Have RapidWorks too....

Scanning large and small parts... It is so cool..

for $3,000.00 you can not beat it...

It takes a little bit to learn how to use it. But after that you will wonder how you ever got along without it !!!!

I have scanned duct covers for the harrier jet, Wing tip nav light lenses and Glare shields (cockpit dashboards) for Beachcraft King air

Pitot covers for Marine Harriers (fiberglass to Plastic) they seal against the fuselage.

EZ-GO golfcar add on parts...

the list goes on and on...

makes it so easy to reverse engineer...

quote:

i need one that has 0.0001 in or 0.001mm to profile

Do your homework, but I do not think they are made for that. Something that close is hard to check on a CMM much less a laser. I am not saying there are not systems out there, but something that tight will be very costly.

Next part is having something to make CAD with. Take a look at Verisurf we have some very good reversing tools.

• 8 months later...

Hey, good old Metron!

I worked on the prototypes for that scanner a looong time ago. Very cool technology. The main advantage to the Metron system is that it can scan highly reflective parts without the need to treat the surface.

If anyone is looking at one of their systems, tell Kyle I said Hi...