Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MFG.com

SydwazShawn

Expensive! $400 a month (or is closer to $500 now). Basically just to have access to quote. We tried them a few years ago, not very good results for us. Only got a handfull of low margin stuff. We gave it up when we realized we could'nt clear enough profit to keep paying the monthly fee on what little bit of work we were low bidder on. I've suggested to them on several occasions to cut the monthly fee and charge only on bids you win (or the very least, only charge if you bid), I'm not holding my breath.

If the service really worked they would allow people to try it out. Instead they want to get you to commit for 6 months min (and wait until you hear all the lame reasons for that). They know if you sign up, you won't sign again.

I asked "what percentage of customers re-new after the first 6-month?" They refused to answer and that sold me on staying away. Ask that question and see what they tell you.

I have also heard horror stories of the work going to people below the cost of the material.

Be careful, when you are desperate for work you may be willing to try anything and they know and count on it!

Thanks guys for chiming in! I wasn't sure about it. I figured it was highly competitive to even win the quotes! We do quality work and there is just a certain price we will not go below. You get what you pay for, but a lot of buyers don’t care about quality up front. Well on to the next venture.

Shawn...