Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X4 BUG VENT

CEMENTHEAD

Great thread!

Here's a great question, should you take pride in being considered a good programmer just because you know all of the work arounds? Or should you be frustrated that the time you spent learning the work arounds you could have been learning the new features?

I'm with R&DCNC, and I'm glad I've finally read what is the most common negative thing said about MasterCAM:

"IMHO, bugs should be the priority, not "new" features."

quote:

should you take pride in being considered a good programmer just because you know all of the work arounds? Or should you be frustrated that the time you spent learning the work arounds you could have been learning the new features?

I take pride in the product of my work, a profitable manufacturing proccess.

My boss could care less how it happens.. he doesn't care about work arounds, new features

post proccessors or any of the details.

Only 3 things count.. the quality.. the time and the overall cost.. beyond that, I could be using

an etch-a-sketch..

I have wowed him with some of Mastercam's new toolpaths latley.. and he's pays maintenance on 5 seats without complaint.

Some of the bugs are maddening, but I havn't found anything else I'd rather be using.

MU1 will be out soon.. they'll fix some bugs,,,

and introduce some new ones...life goes on

personally I'm looking forward to X5 beta smile.gif

"Here's a great question, should you take pride in being considered a good programmer just because you know all of the work arounds?"

Yes, because that is the essence of using Mastercam at this point. Knowing what not to use in Mastercam is just as important.

"IMHO, bugs should be the priority, not "new" features."

That's been said here for many, many years now. In my opinion, it's very simplistic. A better question to ask in my opinion is:

Was Mastercam X really a total rewrite for Windows as was claimed?

Would you like my answer?

Other items to think about are:

At one point Cadkey and Mastercam had a very similar look and feel. What areas has Cadkey, now KeyCreator, really evolved in that Mastercam hasn't?