Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Dirty Ops after changing speeds

cajahawa

If there was a change to the toolpath (like surface/finish/contour) and you open it up and exit (without making changes) the operation will be marked dirty. You'll most likely see this between versions. Once its regened once you should be good.

Changing the feedrates or Tool #'s should't mark the operation dirty. Just gave it a quick test in MU1.

i see this once in awhile too

in X4 fresh file and the surface finish contour op sometimes will go dirty

cant get it to re-produce over and over to send it in

i have also noticed that sometimes when that happens to an op you regen when you open that file again it has "repaired nci" tag and is locked maybe something to look into mark

HTH

If the operation you are changing is linked to a Transform operation, all the toolpaths that are linked to the transform will be dirtied and need to be regenerated. This is new to X4 (bug?). Had no problems with earlier versions. I usually un-link the toolpath before making changes because some of my toolpaths take 20-30 min to process.

I have this problem intermittently also. I don't use transform and it is X4 native program.

Mostly mine are when I change anything in a operation parameter, like a "Z" height or Leave stock XY, it would dirty that one which is a given, but also dirty a whole "Tool Group" which is completely separate from the operation in a tool group that is being edited. The geometry, wcs and tools would not even be the same, but for some reason would keep dirty that one tool group.

Not a big deal being that mostly 2d contour passes, but still wonder why.

Mike in MN

I made this post about operations going dirty and no one else had the same issue...? Anyhow after reinstalling a new hard drive and reloading everything, somehow my operations don't get dirty as often. It was happening every day and now I can go days or a week with out all my ops getting dirty/ or a group of them....don't know what I changed, but it's better. The program that was the issue is not the issue after spending the last couple of day back on it. The program has close to 400 operations and i never re-gen them....it would take 20 min since 80 percent are 5-axis ops. So, I just close and reopen and everything is fine.

x4