Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Save STL As Solid

Tony35

Well the problem is the engine in which Mastercam uses to make STLs it makes them file way to big. I recommend breaking ti up using the Revering tool to then convert the mesh to surfaces then from there you can make the surface model closed. Once the surface model is a closed shape make it a solid and then you are done.

HTH

Hello Tony,

I do my fixture designs in SolidWorks. I build my fixture referencing my design model as I always start with a model. I then import the "as machined" STL as a "Graphics body" so that I can visually check the assembly. This is cheating but will save a bunch of time and usually gets the job done fine for most things. My guess is that Inventor will do the same thing. In your case, you can model the fixture from the drawing and import the STL for a visual.

Mike