Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

x4 MU1 lead in/out bug???

MIL-TFP-41

Ok, lets say you have 5 or 6 tools...all different diameters. First tool is a 3" facemill. You go through and do a contour with it, using 65% as your entry/exit distance. Now on the nest operation, you profile with a 1/2 endmill. when you go to the lead in/out page, it still gives the value (1.95") for the 3" facemill. In order for it to show correctly(.325"), you have to hit the green check mark, then go back into the operation parameters to see it updated. This is very very annoying to say the least.

Another one is stock to leave. If I just go to the next dialog page after I change my stock to leave without hitting the "apply" button it often goes back to whatever value was in there before.

Seems to me that X4 MU1 eliminated a few things but brought in many more. Thanks CNC, sure am glad I paid for the "maintenance". I have replaced 2 video cards because of the verify issue and have 4 guys constantly asking me why things are messed up.

quote:

I think leadin/lead out changes will stick if you hit the Blue Cross before exiting the leadin/out page

if thats the case screw that give me the old version back where that blue cross isnt there i dont want to hit the blue cross on every page, change and go, less clicks not more

i will have to pay attention to the lead in/out values

JM2C

If you tab through the fields it will change everything...

It is quite annoying though.

quote:

if you just regen that operation they will be correct. It's just a "cosmetic" bug, if you will.

You mean it will come out right when you complete the parameter page and the operation generates? Or you have to hit regen again to make it come out right?

quote:

give me the old version back where that blue cross isnt there i dont want to hit the blue cross on every page

Speaking of the blue cross, why do we need that anyway?? Why would I need to apply changes when a simple OK of all my changes would suffice? Why can't any changes I made on a given page automatically "Apply" when I go to another page in the toolpath? I seems like an extra step that really shouldn't be needed.

• 1 month later...

This also happens with the drill point calcs. If you have a 140° drill point the the next tool is 118° the calc will use the previous angle (140°). I have resorted to selecting my tool for the operation, close with the checkmark, reopen the op, reselect the tool and finally go thru the tree. It's a PIA but faster than bouncing back and forth among the branches.