Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old OLD version

ERIC14779

I recognize those disks. I was programming lathes with a calculator and a text editor on a 286 pc. This was despite the objections of the lathe programmer/supervisor who was a mean old sumbit who thought the sun rose and set with Smartcam. Anyway, I had seen a box with Mastercam on the side of it buried away with some old reference material. It had been bought along with the rest of a failed shop at auction. I thought what the heck, so I installed it, played around with it until I could make a working program with it and the rest is history. BTW I found the interface completely logical and easy to dope out. In sharp contrast to Smartcam which I found to completely bass ackwards after Mastercam.

"We've come a long way Baby !!!!"

I remember if I was running Windows 3.1 I had to close it down and reboot my computer... then start MC.

Otherwise MC would Crash.....

headscratch.gif Some things just stay the same !!!!!

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifcheers.gifcheers.gif

Not saying that I have that many problems but some seem to, here on this forum....

I was at a customer today that is still running V3 Wire on a 10MHz system. Brought back memories, mostly bad though.

Amazed that old thing was still going. His other seat is V9 SP2. Wanted me to see if CNC would add some functionality to V9 for him. Hard to bite my tounge to keep from laughing on that one. (until I left)