Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Help with groups...

Reko

I've never used a second group on a project before but I have a plate that is too big for my machine so I programmed half of it like I normally do and then created a second group to program the other half.

Problem is, I need to edit and regen something in the first group but it seems to be locked. When I click on "parameter" in the first group nothing happens.

Help :>)

MasterCam X4 MU1

Mill Level 3/Solids

Dell Precision T3400

Intel Core Duo CPU 2.33 GHz

2.33GHz,2.00 GB RAM

Windows XP Pro SP3

NVIDIA Quadro FX 570

We regularly use mutiple Machine and Toolpath Groups in our daily routines. I have never had a problem opening the parameters for an op. The focus arrow that Crazy Millman mentions, automatically jumps to that position when I open the parameters.

I do sometimes have an unrelated problem though. When I try to open an op parameter it does nothing. I simply click on anything else in the ops manager and then go back to my original selection and it opens just fine.

quote:

I do sometimes have an unrelated problem though. When I try to open an op parameter it does nothing. I simply click on anything else in the ops manager and then go back to my original selection and it opens just fine.

I see this somewhat frequently too.

Thad

Toonz,

I see the same thing but that's not what this was. The arrow was in the first group but when I clicked on parameters, nothing happened.

I shut down for the day and today, after starting Mastercam fresh, I went to that operation and it opened, no problem.

Guess I'll remember to exit out of Mastercam and re-open it if I ever get that again.

Thank for all of the input :>)

Reko,

You shouldn't need to restart Mastercam. What happens is that the Ops Manager just looses "focus".

Try this, When an operation is giving you problems, try clicking on any other operation in your list to select it (You'll see the check mark on the folder icon change), then click back on the operation you want to open, then click on parameters. It should now open for you.

If that still doesn't work, try running Ram-saver.

I have this happen all the time when opening parameters or selecting a single operation for backplot/verify. Selecting something else, then re-selecting the operation you want always does the trick for me...

HTH,