Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to messure???

Leandro

We are now getting some parts from a new customer with thigth tolerances in comparison with the pieces dimensions.

for example

Diameter 1339.97 to 1339.89 mm this represents in inchs 52.7547 to 52.7515.

This is IT6 (diameter 1340 g6)

This is just an example because we get different parts with different diameters and every time just one piece. The diameter range is between 1000 to 1400 aprox. (39" to 60")

How cann I messure this without to buying a lot of different micrometers?

Did somebody have a better idea.

Thanks in advanced

Yes a Vertical Lathe. Temperature is not controled.

Ok I understand your point. The problem is that I need to check this dimension. I can not turn this with your method and supposed its ok.

Did sombody use gages to compare dimensions like this?

Thanks

I have to agree with Dave's comment on "how does your customer check it" or require it?

One other idea is how about an interim artifact check where you have a known feature mounted on your machine and you simply indicate from there. Of course your machine would or should be validated if any real paperwork is needed to prove it out. If it is simply for your reference then it's an option.

My customer is a VERY Huge Companie. They have all this Micrometers,Gages,Laser Gages and so on.

I cann borrow his tools but they are 1600 Km far away and is complicate the logistic of this.

A CMM is a posibility. Actually I check this dimensions in a Vertical Machinig center with a Renishaw probe. But I can not do this in the machine during the turning process. To do this in this machine is also a transport problem inside the shop. A timing problem and so on.