Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Machine Simulation

cincy k

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Apparently it is debatable, since it's being debated...

Pfffft! rolleyes.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

quote:

...a used 20K machine...

A used 5-Axis machine for $20k??? that is worth the powder to blow it up??? You win man... Can't compete against a guy with a $20k for a machine mentality.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You're right, he did not say anything about a 5-Axis, but some of us were and that's the perspective we're coming/speaking from.

I was not even thinking in terms of used beat to $#!+ VMC, not worth the powder to blow the thing up with, prolly runnin bootleg MC getting into Vericut. We ALL know that ain't happenin.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Did I miss something?? Never saw the discussion was limited to 5ax.

I guess there's just some tribal knowledge (since I've been here since ... forever...) biggrin.gif about what equipment most of these guys have, that's what I was looking at and commenting on.

quote:

see how many programs cause spindle, linear guide, rotary, toolholders, ad infinitem, repair problems.... Then you'll see just how debatable it is.....

Some people should not program or run machines, they should work at burger king tongue.gif

Not saying simulation is not valueable. I am not using it now but I may in the future since I beleive in the best tools.

I bet even with the simulation tool there are bozos crashing machines....try hiring people in this trade today, it's pretty scary eek.gif

PS, I wish this forum had a spell checker.....maybe some day I will learn how to spell redface.gif

I have a seat of CAMplete for our Hermle 5X Mills (C400U and a C40i) and is was worth the $$$. I can't speak for Vericut but CAMplete is very powerful from the dynamic posting options to the verification. As James said the downside is the machine list. Most folks use sim for 5x machines anyway. The MC verify has been good enough for my 3/4 axis stuff.

quote:

PS, I wish this forum had a spell checker.....maybe some day I will learn how to spell

I type everything in Word first then cut and paste, and still have spelling errors! Lol

I think we all are on the same page about verification for really only 4-5 axis machines to start. When you already have it, then use it for everything else.

I program our HAAS 5ax with no simulation! I just need to spend a lot of time at the machine with a clipped rapid and fast feed hold. Not a problem so far, just a big time waster. I’m not doing a lot of full 5ax stuff either though.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

PS, I wish this forum had a spell checker...

NO stinkin' way!!! Man, some of the best laughs of my day are right here some of the errors. The cool thing though is that our brains are wired to "get" the meaning usually.

No Firefox for me. There's a few sites that I frequent that do not play nice with Firefox.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Too much of a hassle. I have no problems with IE. Maybe i'm not a "Power User" in tha respect. I like my system as clean as possible, as little clutter as possible and that's just more clutter for me. But thanks for the tip. biggrin.gifcheers.gif

quote:

NO stinkin' way!!! Man, some of the best laughs of my day are right here some of the errors. The cool thing though is that our brains are wired to "get" the meaning usually.

Glad to be a source of laugfter (did I spell that right?) tongue.gif

Once upon a time I could do calculus but I can barley spell the word eek.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

No, DEFINITELY NO T & A!!!

The ones I had trouble with are the ones that use Acitfy Spinfire and I could not get Nefsis( headscratch.gif ) Video Conferenceing going either. That's what I remember off the top of my head.