Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Clearing corners of 2d pockets.

DavidJackson

mickymouse.gif

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of an easy way to clear the corners of 2d square pockets, (i.e. add 'mickymouse ears') i have allways just added a drilling operation and done it afterwards, which is not really right but works, some situations need the extra material (and it also looks better at anyrate) but it is a pita going through a dozen motions to acheive the correct way on hundreds of them.

Thank you in advance for any insight,

David Jackson.

drawpock C-hook I believe has a feature that can do what you want. I saw what you are looking for recently and thought it was a good way to make soft jaws for op2 work instead of the way you and I/most do by drilling out corners,didn't follow up on it by trying it out, but am sure it's there.. just not sure if it's a C-hook or a parameter..sorry, it's not much help.

Thad, I read your post and had a question regarding where you/most people do there limits and fits on drawings? im pretty green when it comes to genuine technical drawing, as far as i can see, what mcam is doing is correct?, (although i can think of instances where it would be nice to have more clearance in the corners which is what you are talking about - i.e. Nominal shaft in interferance fit pocket?)

Ive attatched a huuge drawing for you to laugh at cheers.gif

limitsandfits.jpg