Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

haas offset activating?

Gary

Is there a setting on the haas that only will allow g54 to remain active? All of a sudden if I mdi in 56,59 ect the offset numbers will flash but default back to g54 on the offset page. This is making touching tools a pain. No one changed anything rolleyes.gif it just all of a sudden is that way this morning.

Any ideas what setting got changed?

quote:

I know in the Fanuc I run if I hit the reset button it will revert back to G54 or if I shut off the machine and restart the machine it will revert back to G54. It's been awhile sense I've used a HAAS maybe it's the same?

Many machines have a parameter for this. I would look for that 1st.

quote:

This is making touching tools a pain.

? headscratch.gif Haas does not care what work offset is active when touching off tools. Could you tell me what was happening as I run Haas machines also. We always just hit tool offset measure then next tool and never have had a problem.

I use a touch pad in the corner of the table which is set to g59 it don't have a z offset in it. That way I can touch all tools in relation to my probing tool without having to worry about what is currently in the g54. Also it is nice to be able to hit g56 ect and see the actual position I am in for that offset, not instantly defaulting to the g54. I agree the setting 51 for the door is what must have happened.

quote:

I use a touch pad in the corner of the table which is set to g59 it don't have a z offset in it. That way I can touch all tools in relation to my probing tool without having to worry about what is currently in the g54.

You dont need to do that! There is a setting on the HAAS panel that will alow you to either add offset to tool measure, or not add offset. We have all ours so it doesnt add the offset! I dont remember of my head what number it is. Just scroll thru the settings. You then wont have to worry about always clearing the z work offset in the G54-59 ect. page!