Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New arc filter problems

cobra95kev

This is the result when I use the new arc filter on a high speed waterline path. It runs an arc right through my part. This did not show up in verify or backplot. Luckily we use Vericut. I would be pretty irritated if this made it out to the machine. Once I turned the new arc filter off the problem went away. I will talk to the boss about sending this in to QC if you guys think it could make a difference and actually improve this type of stuff. confused.gif

crashl.jpg

quote:

I will talk to the boss about sending this in to QC

CNC Software will sign an NDA

if that will help convince your boss.

We got that done at my last job so that

we could send problem files to QC

without violating our contracts with

vendors

I would also experiement with arc setiings on the filter page..

try setting the min arc to .010 on the filter page. What usually causes these filter errors is

very small arcs getting turned into large arcs going the other way

What post and control? I had something similar recently and solved it in the control def. by turning off break arcs , and allowing 360 deg arcs. (Didn't show in verify but did on a 250$ block of aluminum. frown.gif )

This solution was recommended by my post developer.

I've ran about 30 successful programs thus far without a hitch, 10-20hrs run times each

Great tip Chris. Now I remember having to break the arcs into quadrants and NOT allowing 360 degree arcs. Something about the arc filter getting confused if I didn't apply those settings. Sorry Cobra, I forgot all about that. I also reset my arc filter to .010 Min. Rad, and 99. Max Rad since some of the equipment can't handle a 100.+ arc.