Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam on Mazak lathe

race 10

Hello. My company is currently looking at software to program our Mazak lathes. Our lathe controllers range from a T32 to the new matrix versions. My questions are will mastercam communicate with the mazak? Will the program be in EIA format? Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Dave- I have looked into that. You are correct it is mazaCam. I just have a hard time trying to justify two different cam softwares. Besides I am mainly a mill guy and love MasterCAM. I just talked to my IT guy that has been dealing with our local Mastercam rep and he is under the impression that the Cimco editor will make the program look like the conversational "Mazatrol" program. Does anyone know anything about this?

We have a Mazak lathe too. We program it with Mazatrol at the machine. I am not a big fan of that but it works.

If we ever start using CAM for it, I will buy the option for .EIA programming even though it's 2K, but we only have one machine with this issue, so it's easy for us compared to someone with many machines. Altough, I bet Mazak would give you a deal to do all of your machines.

We use MC for our Mazak SQT200MS Turning Center with no issues. Ours has live tooling with a sub-spindle and we're running parts that I programmed on MC this morning. Buy the .EIA option and you'll be set.

FYI: With the exception of a few M Codes the code for the Mazak .EIA format is basically Fanuc. I used MP Master to create a post and it works great.

HTH

Josh