Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

glitch

SMARKSTHESPOT

Anyone else having a problem where if you have anything running to the right of mastercam in the task bar and you have to go back to select some geometry the screen jumps to the other running program. i.e. you are running mastercam and mozilla in your taskbar. In mastercam you need to go back and select some containment geometry, as soon as push the arrow button to select the geometry the screen jumps to the mozilla screen???

Welcome to the Forum! cheers.gif

What video card are you using? I've had this same issue with some of the computers in my class @ Greenville Tech. We had to switch from OpenGL to GDI and it worked great. Look for this under Settings/Configuration/Screen.

Hope this helps!

Glad to see some more South Carolinians in here too! cheers.gif

Josh

I'm working on my laptop right now which has an nvidia geforce go 6150 in it. I have the same issue on my desktop as well, but I dont recall what it has in it. I tried the GDI setting but I had the same issue with it as the OpenGL so I switched it back. Im currently running X4 but Ive had this problem for a while. Its not a major issue, all i have to do is switch back to mastercam and continue what i was doing. But it would be nice to not have to do that everytime I need to change something.

Ok now im relieved that I'm not only one with this problem, i just figured that it was my learning curve with X4 that was causing all sorts of folders to pop up on my screen. I get odd folders, calculator, or any item on my taskbar.

Hope solution is provided here quick. curse.gif

Using dual screen with quadro 1700 card.

quote:

any ideas where to start gcode?

no.. the they used to work really well, but the last couple of driver updates don't work so well

especially on my Win7x64 box.

I deleted all the profiles and started fresh

and finally got it to work right.

My settings are

"Prevent windows from opening off screen" ON

"allow.. multiple displays" OFF

Enable spanning" OFF

Open of Default display

and

Move to Apllication display

I' also set up Hot keys to span apps from one screen to the other.

As stated earlier, getting this stuff to work

with the last couple of driver versions as been a chore... but that's an Nvidia thing .. not a Mastercam issue.

Thanks G. I just did a fresh install of windows and now I can't get it to do it again. I have the Desktop Manager disabled for now (because I couldn't find it wink.gif ). I may try leaving it off and see if that was the problem.

I really would like to reproduce this for CNC, but like everything else, Murphy set the laws.

Hi guys,

We figured out what the problem is. If Mastercam is maximized, and the Operations Manager is undocked, and there is an application running behind Mastercam that is not mimimized, when the geometry selection arrow is clicked, the application in the background will be forced to the foreground. Thank you to Eric for the help with this one.

I have logged this as bug number cnc00075885.