Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ output barcode

I want to be able to type the filename (11265G1.NC for example) in the field next to "NC Filename" and have the text output as a Barcode. I have accomplished this by entering the following in the field "<@font size="6" face="Abri Barcode39Wa">116253.ND<@font>" (remove @) This works but for one is cumbersome to change the filename and also the barcode looks good yet doesn't scan.

While I'm at it.... It would be nice to pull the "toolpath group" name and auto fill the field as I name the groups the actual NC filename.

Is this feasable? I know nothing about .xss so I don't know where to start.

Thanks,

Josh

X.png

BARCODE.png

Look in the .xlt file for this. Now create a main sheet that all your information is report to and then a 2nd sheet you would then tell the call controlling that you would tell it to use the font with the bar code and done. Zoober showed me how to make custom set-up sheets and tool list automatically fill in everything I need quick and easy. I am on the road if no one chimes in I will be glad to share what I have come up with if Zoober doesn't mind me sharing we he showed me.

HTH

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

Was there ever any resolution to this? I am trying to get my Tool List to include barcode for individual tools. I believe I just need to update XSETUPSHEET.CSS to show a barcode font but it doesn't seem to be working. Any ideas??

Thanks,

Todd G.

I want to be able to type the filename (11265G1.NC for example) in the field next to "NC Filename" and have the text output as a Barcode. I have accomplished this by entering the following in the field "<@font size="6" face="Abri Barcode39Wa">116253.ND<@font>" (remove @) This works but for one is cumbersome to change the filename and also the barcode looks good yet doesn't scan.

While I'm at it.... It would be nice to pull the "toolpath group" name and auto fill the field as I name the groups the actual NC filename.

Is this feasable? I know nothing about .xss so I don't know where to start.

Thanks,

Josh

X.png

BARCODE.png

post-39937-0-66974800-1297269959_thumb.jpg

I will be glad to share what I have come up with if Zoober doesn't mind me sharing we he showed me.

I don't mind at all..

It is not the .css file that holds the key. All the .css file does is store the previous values for the X+ Dialog box.

The real muscle is in the .XLT file.

If it were me, I would do as Ron says, and let X+ dump into sheet 1.

Then, using macros, populate the other sheets by moving the info into the other sheets.

At that time, you can format the cells that hold the barcode info, changing the font to your barcode font.

The following snippet will select a range of cells, and change the font to Arial, Regular, 8pt size, along with wrapping text on, and autofit on.

Range("A3").Select
  ActiveSheet.Range("A3", ActiveSheet.Range("J65536").End(xlUp)).Select
'With Selection.Font
   	'.Name = "Arial"
   	'.FontStyle = "Regular"
  	'.Size = 8
'End With
ActiveSheet.Range("A3").CurrentRegion.WrapText = True

ActiveSheet.Range("A3").CurrentRegion.Rows.AutoFit

NOTE: This is for the Excel style, not HTML.

It's also possible to use barcode in HTML output.

Change the font style for the specific column.

I.e.

Edit "xsetupsheet.css"

/* individual styles for each td */

/* This is the 1st column of the HTML table*/

.CONTENT .td_0 {

font: 12px IDAutomationHC39M; /* This is my demo barcode font */

text-align:left;

}

/* This is the 2nd column of the HTML table*/

.CONTENT .td_1 {

}

barcode.png