Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Viewsheet problem.

BenK

Yep, seen it.

That's one of the many reasons why I rarely do File/New anymore. Just create template files setup how you want with machines, viewsheets, level names, default toolpaths, etc. Then do a File/Merge to bring in your geometry.

I think viewsheets have a few issues, but I have not stopped using them. They are a huge time saver and I wish I had started using them earlier.

Yes. If I save something with one level open the next time I open it the main viewsheet has all of the levels open. If I disable viewsheets then it will open up how I saved it though.

I'm using X4 MU3 This has happened to me on three different computers now.

I've had a similar problem with viewsheets and levels. Mine turns on empty levels that weren't on when I saved the viewsheet. I also get multiple copies of wireframe geo that I have machined. If I have viewsheets turned on and do an Alt-E to hide geo, I have to remember to save before I Alt-E to unhide. My X4 MU3 session of Mastercam will lockup and I loose the work I just did. I can't get myself to stop using viewsheets because they are such an owesome tool. Hoping against hope that they are working on fixing some of this stuff. bonk.gif

BenK,

Do you have the "Automatically restore bookmark settings" option on? Also, when you right click on the Main viewsheet in the tabs, is the "Restore from Viewsheet Bookmark" options active (which would mean that there is a bookmark associated with the main viewsheet)?

If so, reset your levels to the way you want them, and re-save the bookmark for your main viewsheet. Or you can disable the auto bookmark restore as well if you are not using them.

I came across a report with the exact same problem very recently so I was hoping that was it. There was simply a bookmark in the file which had all levels set as visible, so saving a new bookmark with correct level settings was the solution.

Would it be possible for you to send a file with that problem (or a slimmed down version of the file which still shows this issue) to [email protected] so I can take a further look at this?

I've got same problem with Mastercam v9.1 sp2, my desktop crash then I reinstaled mastercam and all works fine except View, when I tryin to load up any of filewith model to work on, first what I see is just Top view like in 2D view, then Groups are MASK :OFF , WSC :10, TPlane :10, CPlane :10 , gvIEW :11 , i realy dont know what I've done so far, need to fix and dont know how. But I know that Groups before crashed my desktop all the time after loading items was all on :T , but now I can see only 10 everywhere and whe i press any of GView buttons my item just dissaper and window is blank with just straight green line in the middle of display but none of my item is there, any one can help me?

Probably I would contact dealer but we are no longer support by them, software has already 7 years so no one will help us, thats why I trying to find answer here, why after reinstall on same maschine where I used to work fine with same Mastercam now I've got problem with Groups when I trying to load up file and I see just Top viev in 2D and every single step making my item disapear . Dont know what to do. i copied all into same folders as was before and even that won't work.