Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OT Windows7

Todd Mann from Fastech

We just got new computes (Smokin Fast) But with windows7 we have a popup problem. When you are on the Internet if you click on a link that opens in another window it will not do anything. When I try to open my email (Lotus Domino Web access) it will not let me or even start a new email.

Trend Micro Officescan client is our anti virus software.

Can anyone help me?

quote:

When you are on the Internet if you click on a link that opens in another window it will not do anything

Using Internet Explorer I assume?

If the link wants to open up in a new window, do you get the little yellow drop-down bar across the top of the page?

If so click on that and allow it.

There is a setting for the IE popup blocker somewhere, have a look in the options and that should solve your problem.

But like others have said, Firefox and Google Chrome are far superior and safer of a browser than IE.

HTH

Contrary to popular belief, IE is the most secure browser available now.

Obviously, this hasn't always been the case but now it is.

All you need to do is read the latest reports in PC World's latest issue it's clear that Apple Safari has the slowest response to reported vulnerabilities and has a nasty habit of allowing old bugs back into the software.

The Auto-Fill 'bug' being the latest.

Firefox has the most reported vulnerabilities but responds faster to correct them than Apple.

IE-8 is a very good browser.

quote:

IE is the most secure browser available now

Close, but no cigar.

I've tested IE9 and it still has all the flash exploits (not really their fault) and javascript flyby exploits (once again, not their fault). But what killed it for me is that they didn't build in a browser sandbox or at least sandbox their extensions.

Still cant beat Firefox 3.whatever + AdBlock + NoScript + NoFlash

Safari 5 is still up there though. Security through obscurity FTW!! lol

Nice try but you're incorrect.

Try actually reading the actual data from US-CERT and Symantec that was in the PC World Report.

Firefox had the MOST vulnerabilities but did correct them within 2-3 days of being reported.

Safari was close behind but it takes Apple a full 2 weeks to address them after being reported!

The conclusion of the Report was that Safari was the LEAST secure browser.

Microsoft and Chrome had the fewest but MS corrected them in less than a day after being reported.

It takes Google a few days.

Microsoft stands head and shoulders above the competition as far as browser security is concerned.

quote:

Firefox had the MOST vulnerabilities but did correct them within 2-3 days of being reported.

Yea, stock firefox. What I said was modified firefox rolleyes.gif

quote:

Safari was close behind but it takes Apple a full 2 weeks to address them after being reported!

The conclusion of the Report was that Safari was the LEAST secure browser.

Apple doesnt care about windows safari but on the mac platform, you'd have to download whatever virus/malware, mount dmg/mpkg, type in your root password and install it. Unix doesn't work like what most people are used to. The world of flyby malware don't exist in my perfect world of nix.