Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

who's out of BUSINESS?

sbeaks

Hi Guys,

I was talking to a Mori (factory) service engineer, they have indeed bought Hitachi Seiki's R&D dept. They are in the process of building a new factory in Tokyo; it will be open by the end of Oct. They are planning on calling the company Mori - Tec (spelling may be wrong) My Japanese is no good!

Grant

JSF won't kick in until 5 to 6 year's down the road. they are in the enginerring stage right now. but, it is still slow. when the military programs get started, it won't be enough machinist to fill the positions. machinist pay is cheap right now because so many are unemployed and no body is hiring. and the ones that are hiring only want to pay $12.00 an hour to program,set-up,operate,etc. it's a shame. only the strong is going to survive. the rest will be left behind.

JSF is the U.S. Joint Strike Fighter. It may be the biggest aerospace contract ever; thousands of planes.

It is designed to replace the Navy F-18, Air Force F-16 and Marine AV-8. It comes in several models (land based, sea based and, believe it or not, Vertical Takeoff).

Stealthy, fast, agile.

I hear rumors, though, that some in the Pentagon want to leap-frog the technology and go to all unmanned strike fighters; flying attack robots, in effect, lobbing GPS guided bombs. Cheaper, higher capacity, and no pilots to take as POW's.

Boeing already has flown a prototype, and the CIA is putting missiles on Predator unmanned vehicles. Both the Predator and Global Hawk were developed in San Diego.

Lockheed was the winner in the JSF contract. and yeah, it is the largest in history. but there are others. general dynamics just won a huge contract to build the next generation of battle ships. i think san diego area GD won that.

• 2 weeks later...