Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

o/t keyboard

jeff

The problem is that when I am in Cimco Edit and I am editing a post,I sometimes accidently hit the insert key by mistake,and since I use the Home and End keys alot,this is a problem.

When insert is off,the new text is overwriting the old,when it is on it inserts new.

Seriously,

If you want to disable a key (Permanently), pry up the key from the board using a pocket knife of something. Remove all the screws, open the back and find the offending key. Insert a non-conductor between the contacts (or - drill the contact away...) and your problem will be solved.

I bet that Allan knows an old dos trick for this.

I'm not sure whether a key can be disabled completely, but I know they can be remapped, and that should also solve your problem, without requiring as drastic methods as Andrew suggest.

I have seen it done with the decimal seperator key on the numeric keypad (that is a comma on a Danish keyboard, and some users want it to be a point), but unfortunately I do not remember how it was done.

A good choice for remapping the Insert key would probably be to make it act as the right shift key (the right shift key would still work as right shift too). That just leaves one problem, what if you do need the Insert key?

Yes, that program seems to could do the trick (I haven't tested that, though).

At US$ 35,- for a commercial license, it is not very expensive, but AFAIR the program I saw used was freeware, so looking around a little more might be worth the time spent looking.

If any of you find a Freeware program that will do the trick, a link would of course be appreciated.