Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Metric tapping

Chris Rizzo

Thanks Jack

I will now sob and cry like a little baby. I thought it was my flash of brilliance a few years ago that caused me to put an OD turning tool into a vise and put the workpiece (an electrode on a 3R holder) into the spindle of a mill. It worked like a charm, and was a lot faster than trying to put a 3D toolpath on it to create a conical shape.

So much for my visions of supremacy....it seems it's been done before.

I am 3 years too old to be in Club 75, but too young to remember cheap gas prices and Frankie Avalon movies..... I sob quietly and all alone.

Peter Eigler

Jack

I started out with a big chief tablet and a sr-10 calculator. Thought I had gone big time! Remember F0 as rapid, but don't recall now if it was the GE 7542 lathe control or the AB hardwired control for the K&T 1500! Think it was the K&T. Clear back in '75.

Steve

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

Please tell me that you have never clamped an OD turning tool in a vice and programmed the machining center as if it was a cnc lathe.

Been there done that. Dangerous as hell but it got the job done and I got a sliver of respect from the old guys.

My trig is only slightly better than Jay and Scott's spelling! wink.gifbiggrin.gif