Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MOO- OPTION STOP

HEAVY METAL

I tweaked my post to output a M00 when misc int is greater than 1,but it is putting this value at every z depth of cut.I would like it to just put it out at beginning of each new operation.Is there something wrong with my code.

thanks heavy

ppause

n, "M00", e

ptlchg0 #Call from NCI null tool change (tool number repeats)

pcuttype

pcom_moveb

c_mmlt #Multiple tool subprogram call

comment

if mi10 > 0, ppause

pcan

pspindchng

if cuttype = zero, ppos_cax_lin

if gcode = one, plinout

else, prapidout

pcom_movea

c_msng #Single tool subprogram call

I did something similar back in V5 or V6. Unlike the operations manager in newer versions, the older NCI method would show "contour, contour, contour....." While the new format shows a single operation with associative parameters and geometry.

Then, I could change a single parameter of the one contour, but now it outputs that variable for the series of operations.

I overcame the problem by having only one cut depth or one piece of geometry associated with the variable that I wish to output.

But I am also curious if there is some way to initialize that variable, in the post, until it is picked up by another operation.

I have almost the same setup as what you are trying to get. I have my mi10=m00 in the pretract block of code. This is for v8.1.1, dont know if its different for v9.

pretract #End of tool path, toolchange

sav_absinc = absinc

absinc = one

sav_coolant = coolant

coolant = zero

#cc_pos is reset in the toolchange here

cc_pos = zero

gcode = zero

pbld, sccomp, psub_end_mny, e

if mi5 = 1,

" "

else,

pbld, sgabsinc, sgcode, *sg28ref, "Z0.", "M19", e

pbld, *sg28ref, "Y0.", protretinc, e

absinc = sav_absinc

coolant = sav_coolant

if mi10 = one, *sm00, e

This reads the sm00 command from the post and forces it out. This puts the m0 before the operation you want. Hope this helps.

Greg

The problem that i'm having is if i have two different ops with the same tool # one right after the other.my operator would like an M00 between them.the way it is now the M00 is between them but it is also at every depth of cut in each operation.i have a finish pass and a freebie on two different bores . one operaton for each bore. the post is wanting to put a M00 between the finish pass and the freebie and between ops.the operator wants this stop so he can check bore and bumb ot cc if needed then move on to next bore.does anyone go about like this or do you guys do it a different way

thanks heavy

Heavy-

I have set up a misc int. that out puts/stop restart. This is for use in the middle of a tool. One thing for sure is that you can only have one chain in your operation and depth cuts or multipasses can not be enabled.

pstop_restart

prv_coolant = 0

if opcode = 15,

[

sav_xout = vequ(xout)

xout = vequ(x)

n,G00,*zout,e

n,pwcs,*xout,*yout,e

n,M00,comment,e

n,pchg_speed,*spindle_on,e

pcoolant_on,e

xout = vequ(sav_xout)

]

else,

[

sav_xout = vequ(xout)

xout = vequ(xh)

n,G00,*zout,e

n,*xout,*yout,e

n,M00,comment,e

n,pchg_speed,*spindle_on,e

pcoolant_on,e

xout = vequ(sav_xout)

]

this by all means is not all you will need to add to your post, but hopefully it will give you an idea. E-mail me if you want more info on how to incorporate this.

Jeremiah