Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

o/t Gas Prices

Brendan P

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here in our part of southern Ontario it's between $0.78-$0.83/liter. After some mathemagics...

1 liter = 0.264 gallons

1 gallon = 3.79 liters

78 cents CDN ~= 52 cents USD

83 cents CDN ~= 56 cents USD

So at $0.78 CDN/liter, it's like $1.97 USD/gallon. And at $0.83 CDN/liter, it's like $2.12 USD/gallon. Either way, it sucks.

That would've been my next guess 'cause I know it ain't a truck; my buddy has a F250 Super Duty with the diesel and he sure ain't getting 30MPG.

Loud as a xxxx, though. I've driven Macks with 400HP Caterpillar engines that were, without exaggeration (I have no idea how to spell that word), quieter than the friggin Powerstroke!

C

quote:

mercedes benz 300d great gas milage oh yea 350000 miles and still going strong it was my uncles he bought it new and i got

Actually parked right next to the Mazak is a 1990 SEL 560 Benz - whatever the current price is in Canada I simply multiply by 100 (if .89 per litre then 89.00 to fill since it carries a 100 ltr tank), I don't think I will be bringing this out for another year or two - hell I can't afford to at 18 miles per gallon. biggrin.gif But admittedly it is a lot of fun eating up those five litre Mustangs punks. smile.gif come to papa biggrin.gifsmile.gifbiggrin.gif !

cheers.gif

Regards, Jack

[ 03-15-2003, 06:48 PM: Message edited by: Jack Mitchell ]