Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

O/T Fanuc 16i-M

J Coulston

I am working on a HMC with a Fanuc 16i controller. When I enter a work offset, the location of the Relative and Absolute coordinates do not update until I execute the work offset after the change. On my machines with Fanuc OM controls the coordinates update as soon as you input the new offset value.

Is there a parameter that changes this behavior? Does anyone have a number for Fanuc in the US. I tried the Charlottesville, Virginia number but they had trouble comprehending what a CNC machine is.

Thanks

John

Good evnin'

Can you tell me why these registers need to

do what you say, is it for the set-up person

or the operator. When I setup a machine, I

only need the machine register and the active

abs register ( part zero ).

Are you telling me you dont get the absolute

0r part zero register.???

Tony G

Unemployed Programmer

N.E Massachusetts - Southern New Hampshire

End mills and tooling are like The "AMMO"

and coolant and chips are like the enemy

under your boots as you advance in the

Manufacturing Battle.

I only use it when I set up the work offsets, I just like to double check that I entered the correct value. On my OM’s I enter a work offset value and immediately it shows –0.100 on the 16i I have to go back to MDI and recall the work offset. It is as if the work offset doesn’t stay modal.

Thank you,

John

Good Eve'

Well you have to run the tool anyway...

I put the numbers in, put the setup part in

and start cuttin'...if the tool is .1 above

and the program says Z.1,

I cut the part...

So when the boss says what are you doin',

You dont say im checking that the numbers

(g50's register)

look ok... You say I cut the part and the

Inspector is checking that the part numbers

look OK...Bosses like that.

Tony G

Unemployed Programmer

N.E Massachusetts - Southern New Hampshire

End mills and tooling are like The "AMMO"

and coolant and chips are like the enemy

under your boots as you advance in the

Manufacturing Battle.

John,

I have found that on most controllers that an initialize to updated G50's do not acknowledge until you start the new or revised program.

As it stands most machines recognize the G54 as the default even though we typically use G55 thru G59 as well in many circumstances.

In the remote possibility that we use a G92 then this will adjust the coordinate system only after it's read into the control.

Perhaps I am missing your point - my point is that G54 should default as the power up consideration until told otherwise by a cycle start.

Regards, Jack

I believe bit5 of parameter 1201 controls what you are describing. Turning it on will change the display immediately, off it won't until the next block reading is performed. I run a Kitamura with a 16I (Man what a SWEET machine) and personally I leave it off. I just switch to MDI, punch in the work offset, hit run and have it update the coordinates. The new work offset is modal until you hit reset and then it defaults to G54. I believe that can be changed but I don't know which parameter is responsible. I can check at work tomorrow and see if I can find out.

Romer

Thanks Romer that is exactly what I was looking for it was even the correct parameter and bit. I couldn’t find I when I was looking in the parameter book. I am working on a Kitamura HX400 HMC, yes they are defiantly SWEET machines.

Thanks again for everyone’s help.

John

i to would like to thank romer for this bit of info i am running makino's with same control the offset issue drives me crazy. i only have so many memory recalls in my calculator, and its never enough to store all my offsets for a quik double check . yes i could use paper notes but that only clutters my life more . thanks again romer

trevor smile.gif