Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

What did you make this week? 4-11-03

Keith Graydon

Somewhat boring week this week.

Some medium sized square blocks with a few surfaces. Couldn't tell you for what kind of part. With all the jobs I've been bouncing around on lately I lost track.

Wednesday, I swear must have been a full moon or everybody had spring feaver. I must have got only an hour of work done. Everyone decided today was the day they needed new software installed. Old software unistalled. My computer won't start. How do I open excell(Don't ask he's ONLY been using the program for over a year? ) My email doesn't work. Oh, can you install that new software for me next. And on and on. After ten hours of this I thought I'd have to shoot someone.

biggrin.gif The rest of the week was fun, got to work on chooks. Upgraded a couple of interal ones. Work really sweeeet now. Of course my beta tester at work (hi kevin) is already asking for more Improvements.

Wrote my 3rd wirepath today. Now everybody repeat after me. Ooooooooooooooooooooooh. biggrin.gif No one started yelling so I assume it ran fine.

And, of course, had to end the week with a bunch of trim steels That have to be run tonight! So, I expect that they will be run across the mill on Tuesday.

They're re-wiring the office this weekend. First weekend off in along time. Yeah for me.

Now I'm waiting for my son to wake up from his nap so we can have dinner and go play trucks!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Bryan smile.gif

I did more 4 axis work on multi-layer tubing and wire extrusion equipment. What the heck it helps pay the bills. I answered a few tech. questions. The best part of my job is helping to shape, make, and mold two wonderful little boys (one 18 months and the other 3 yrs.) so I took them to Sea World, I am teaching one how to use a spoon instead of his fists to eat, and toilet training the other. Oh the bennies of parenting.

This week I was at the California VICA state championships in Riverside as a vendor. I helped one of the teams (their school's first time) figure out how to correctly locate the second side of a part using a test indicator. This was more difficult than it sounds, as the CNC they were using was equipped with a vice that was square in no direciton. That the other mesauring tools they had were of the stamped steel variety wasn't very helpful, either.

The kids did good though. Managed to make a good set of parts anyway, and (more importantly) learned how to do something entirely new and got to apply it right away. I gave them some suggusitons on measuring tools, too.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Still making tombstones... rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Each one takes about 8 hours to make. 56 holes per side all are thread milled, and some holes will get a bushing. It's taking forever to threadmill.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Well I should have said "I'm trying to threadmill" these.

Trevor, the tombstones are brand new, blank faces so I'm putting in the grid now. Then we will mount spacer plates onto the tombstone then the fixtures will mount to the spacer plates.