Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

.tooldb help!

Goldorak

each time i select i got a warning "corrupt of invalid file, contact your mastercam dealer"

i contact them and they have no clue where this problem come from and when i installed X5 originally the .tooldb worked well...

so im asking Emastercam community if someone got this problem ?

• 3 weeks later...

Having this problem also. Has it been resolved? I try creating a new custom lathe tool in the tools-5 file and it does not show up. Close things out, re-open and it does not appear. Attempt again to create the tool and then says file is corrupt. Noticed a tooldb file that was created with same file name just different extension, so I tried to use it but same "corrupt of invalid file, contact your mastercam dealer".

I have a tool library that I converted from X4 and it has been literally unusable. I add tools to it and they cant be deleted. I try to make changes and it will not save the changes. It happens arbitrarily so I have no clue what is happening. Some times I can add tools and make changes, some times I cant.

I ended up creating a new tool library in X5 and importing the tools in to it. Since then I havent had any problems other than the X style cooling being forked.

I had to start from scratch with my holders in X5.

I gave up.

Also I could not copy and paste or import My center drill's from one X5 library to another.

The file I was dumping them into kept getting bigger in file size but they weren't visable.

The problem was.....they were custom profiles drawn in X4 , In X5 if I changed the box from whatever it is to Custom

Poof it would delete or again make all my centerdrills invisable!?!

Like the Holders I just had to take the time to draw there profiles in X5 and then map to them.

• 5 months later...

Goldorak,

Were you ever able to find a solution to this problem? We have a few different libraries that we are not able to access due to this same issue and have yet to be able to figure it out. This is now in X5MU1.

We had Iscar come to our shop to show off their libraries and they were horribly embarrassed to find that the libraries corrupted when we tried to open them. We then tried to copy the libraries directly from their laptop to my pc and they still showed as corrupted.

Any ideas?

sorry, but no , gcode only find a workaround, you got to convert the toolDB into a text file via the tool manager then reconvert the text to a tooldb , you will still get the same warning , but after clicking OK you will get access to it

but, at the end, i simply delete these files and never reuse them ...

I am discussing this with my VAR now. I would like to get to the bottom of this.

I have several other Cad/Cam systems installed on this computer and wonder if that could be causing the problem.

According to this postthe .tooldb files are SQL and I have other things that have installed and use SQL as well and maybe this is where the conflict is coming from?

The .tooldb files are the ONLY tool libraries that I cannot access. The custom libraries that I had problems with in the past were originally saved as .tooldb files which might explain why I had problems with them.

Hi all,

I think that CNC Software is in the process of switching to an SQL based tool library database structure instead of there own structure. The process doesn't seem to be bullet proof yet. I would recommend to revert back to the old database structure .TOOL-5 instead of the SQL based file type .TOOLDB until these problems are resolved.

Those looking into software solutions to manage the SQL files could look into SQLite Expert. There are other threads on the forum which discusses this.

Regards,

• 5 months later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead :)

The reason for the constant "corrupt or invalid file" warnings when selecing a TOOLDB file is down to the checkbox called "Descriptor" which is ticked in the tool library selelction dialog. Switch that option off and you get no more warnings :D

This solution is more-or-less for posterity now since the dialog box is changing for X6 and so it will not be a problem in the future. I hope :D

post-2602-0-72031600-1320667243_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...