Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 3D rest rough loosing .stl when saving a file

Cannon

Has anyone else noticed this? I made 3D HST rest rought operation using .stl saved in verify. I have many of these same kind of rest rough operation in this file and when I save the .mcx file some of the operations loose the .stl file. I have to go pick up the .stl again and regenerate the operation. This has happened to me several times last few days.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

NO! it was not fixed. In fact, Ive just had to regenerate two lengthy roughing operations that use the same stl for stock for the 3rd time today.

Gcode, You were talking about which bugs are irritants and which are serious. This is pretty serious. If I were to add up how much time that I have spent in the last two months having to regenerate operations due to lost stl what seems like a minor irritation becomes very serious to our pocket book.

Does anyone know if this is fixed in the MU1 beta build?

I'm working on a file that uses an STL for some rest rough ops..

So far its sticking.. but that's not guarantee that its fixed.

They stuck about 60% of the time for me in X4MU3.

There is one way to be certain they stick

When I'm doing a big project with losts of regen time I change mt STL data path

to my current project folder.. Its a PIA but it works

Is there any way to delete any evidence of stl files from a part file and start over? It looks like something is going terribly wrong with this file. I am making an as-shown and opposite using different stl files for each as stock for roughing. It looks as if it is combining the stl mesh some how. When I try to reselect the stl it shows both the as shown and opposite together, errors on me and then creates some crazy xxxx unusable tool path.