Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 2D Dynamic Core mill

Tinhman

I have been burned by this twice but the depth discrepancies were small (too shallow) so the parts weren't scrapped. The operations were clean when posted and the posted depths did not match the depths programmed in the operations. I sent to QC and they did see the discrepancy but couldn't figure it out. This is very frustrating because I use dynamic mill a lot and it was bulletproof in X4...

Same here. I use it very often and have not seen this issue yet. This is the second or third time ive seen someone say that there is an issue.

just out of curiosity, are you using depth cuts and or island facing when you get this issue?

The issues I ran into were during area clearance with no depth cuts. I was programming a part that was very similar to one I had done int he past so I saved a copy of the file, imported new geometry, reassigned all chains, reset depths, and regenerated. Everything went clean but the dynamic mill still didn't post correctly.

The issues I ran into were during area clearance with no depth cuts. I was programming a part that was very similar to one I had done int he past so I saved a copy of the file, imported new geometry, reassigned all chains, reset depths, and regenerated. Everything went clean but the dynamic mill still didn't post correctly.

Bob,

Try to add a stock to leave and regenerat again. That work for me.

/frostfritt

Is the operation using the depth of the chain that you are selecting? Incrementally or otherwise? There has to be some explanation to what is going on (a bug sure) but I cant imagine that it changes the numbers randomly. With the new bells and whistles this operation has being able to use island depths and faces, I wonder if it is some how using the chain geometry to set its depth some how.

I need to get more free time to play with this. I still have not see this happen but its starting to worry me.

I machine molds that have identical features, just different sizes. What I will do is import the new geometry, create a WCS at the reference feature and change all operations to this new WCS (edit selected operations - edit common parameters - planes), then regenerate. All operations are programmed to absolute depths and upon regenerating they all went to the correct depth except the dynamic milling.

• 5 weeks later...

Was anyone ever able to get this reported as a bug? I am starting to notice this happening quite a bit now. Mostly the z depths have been on the shallow side but they are not being driven at the numbers that are set in the z depth fields. My z depths have been off as much as .05 from the numbers set in the z depths on three separate dynamic paths in the same part.

I have been bitten by this numerous times this week. With a 1/2" tool I had Z-.450" in the input box that backploted and posted at Z-.150. With a 1/4" tool I had a Z-.100"in the input box backplotted and posted at Z-.050. I had a couple of others variations of this problem too, but you get the picture. Sometimes just opening it up and then regenerating fixes it sometimes it doesn't.

I sent the file to my reseller and will forward it on to QC now. This needs to be fixed quickly.

this is bad enough that is should be released as a patch. at least the values are always off in a positive direction. this can cause some real issues for finishing tools.

the first time this happened to me we missed it in verify and caught it at the machine. we were milling two sides of a part. one side posted fine and the other did not. It mashed our finisher. I double checked the values and they were identical for both sides of the part. i had to open the operation and regen several times before it fixed the issue.

I havent sent a file in but I have made them aware that there was an issue. I have not heard anything back. I am not sure how serious they took me.

I may have to create a file and see if I can re-produce this. So far it has been hard to determine what causes it so it is not easy to reproduce.

This is from CNC software. i am sorry guys i did not buy it. :huh:

-------------------------------------------------

You’re using a custom WCS as your toolplane and you defined a new origin. What you see as an absolute depth in the parameters is not going to match what is output in the NC file.

---------------------------------------------------

I used absolute mode, so the depth that i entered in the mastercam parameter should match with the value in my program.