Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X5 2D Dynamic Core mill

Tinhman

Holy xxxx! They are saying that there is not an issue here? I had the EXACT same values on opposite sides of a part that is being machined on an indexor. Both values were Absolute and the same value. The wcs was the same for both sides, c/l of rotation, and the tool plane was c/l of rotation rotated 180 deg. Even though both sides had the exact same numbers in them the posted Z values for each side were different.

This is a huge issue!

I cant speak for your case as I dont know the particulars, but what do they say about the fact that your numbers show one thing and then upon regeneration they change to the values that you actually entered in the Z value fields?

I have to make time to try to reproduce this and send it in.

Here is the response I received in mid December...

"Thank you for this info! I was able to get it to repeat here every time given the steps below. It has been logged as cnc00087824 and assigned to the appropriate developer. Unfortunately at this time I can’t say when it will be fixed."

Bob

The operations I was having problems with used Top & Bottom WCS. I had problems with OPS that used Top WCS and had no change to the origin. That tells me the problem is not because of a WCS related issue. It sure would be nice if someone from MasterCam could let us know the status of a fix here.

clap.gif

Thats good to hear. I hope that everyone will be payed up on their maintenance when this "Maintenance Update" comes out. This is bad enough that it should be patched! rather than considered maintenance.

Can we talk you in to letting us know what the cause of this is so that we can work around it until this issue is resolved? So far it is a guessing game as to when it will happen. It would be nice to know what is causing it so that we can work around it.

• 2 weeks later...

This issue has been fixed. It will be available in X5 MU1.

A few of us here have been seeing this issue. I am glad that it has been identified and is fixed...tho I am severely pi$$ed that CNC Software would let a bug like this just go & make us wait for the next MU & at the same time not give even a ballpark release date. So what do we get to do now....go back to X4??? Thats like leasing a new car but having to drive last years model. Grow some stones CNC Software...quit fixing real bugs that cause real issues by waiting to do a complete MU. How bout an old school service pack?

• Like 2